Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for users of Apple products.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Oct 10, 2010.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I hope this doesn't upset any of the mods (if it does feel free to remove it).

Until recently I was a member of the MacFormat Forum which was run by Future Publishing (the company that own Mac Format Magazine). Unfortunately Future Publishing decided the forum is no longer useful and shut it down. Rather than just allowing our friendly little community to vanish, a couple of members worked blooming hard and within 24 hours had a new forum up and running.

The new forum has now been running (all be it in an unfinished format) for a few days and has 140 odd members (the vast majority being MacFormat Refugees), all of them friendly and the majority of them incredibly knowledgeable in all things Apple.

I'd like to extend an invitation to any designforums members who either use apple products and would like help & advice or who are just interested, to come and say hello. the Mac4Mac forum can be found by following this link.

Again I hope this doesn't upset the mods as that's not my intention, I just want to help the new forum get on its feet and at the same time give others access to a hugely useful resource.

2. bigdave

Ive just noticed the glaringly obvious typo in the thread title but cant change it so, ho hum.... :p
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Dave,

Typo fixed for you, and no I don't mind you posting a mention for it, would be good if you could mention DF in the Mac4Mac forums if/when any designers spring up :)

Do you know if other Future Publishing forums have suffered the same fate?

4. I'll give it a look, haven't really been actively part of a Mac forum.
  5. bigdave

As far as Im aware all forums owned by Future Publishing have been amalgamated with the Tech Radar forum. Unfortunately TR is very badly organised and moderation is almost nill which means theres a huge amount of spam and rubbish getting posted.

I'll happily post a similar thread to this on the M4M forum.

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks Dave :)
  7. Thomzo

Thomzo Member

Just popped over to have a look. Looks like there are some useful tips on there so I'll check it out a bit more later.

I bought a mac this summer (with my student discount) and am getting to grips with it. Before that I hadn't used one in over 20 years. In those days, the 'portables' were the size of a small dalek.

8. big-blue-wolf

big-blue-wolf Junior Member

MacFormat, PCFormat, PCPlus and the existing TechRadar forums have all been merged into one "super" forum. Super is most definitely in inverted commas at the moment because the site is absolutely shocking. The implementation is awful with adverts in the middle of posts, a sidebar which covers posts, a User CP in which you cannot see all the options. Basically its a total mess.

If they can sort it then I will visit but my new home is mac4mac.
  9. bigdave

Wheeeeey. Glad to see you made it over Chris. Thats another forum to help you aviod the CTP! ;)
  10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I'll check it out also....'glaringly obvious typo'

That's me that is. A top of the line MacFanBoy.

Welcome BigDave.
  11. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Levi should go there :D
  12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Oh boy....matter and anti matter just don't mix.

Don't matter.
  13. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

but then that would mean tim doesn't get my full and undivided attention, now what fun would that be :p