Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG I am so behind in toilet seat technology

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Right I have just replaced my toilet seat, seems like a yearly job to do when you have 3 boys all aged below 8, but OMG I so have not kepted up to date with the latest advances in the toilet seat industry.

Mine really amazes me, and I'm pretty sure it is not top of the range. It is a slow closing seat so doesn't bang on the...I don't know...inner lid, I really don't know. My boys think its amazing and show anyone who comes round, only if they can beat them to the door before me that is. :D

TBF 3 of us put it on and all of us stood there amazed that it was closing itself, thats 3 grown men, 1 a development project manager, another a business owner and the third a plumber, I feel a joke coming along, cough Levi, about how many men does it take to change a toilet seat perhaps?

The answers 3 Levi, the answers 3 as it was really confusing TBH, and we put it on backwards, don't ask. :confused:

So who's got a better one?
    Thinking about I wish I had splashed out, errr...wrong choice of words, on a heated one now. Mmm......I don't think I can get all 3 blokes back in the same room soon enough to put that one in. :lol:
  2. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

They are fine until they stop working, then you've spent however long getting used to that self closing loo. So now every time you go to close your toilet seat it slams down as you just let it go, same applies when you visit other peoples houses!!

The moral is just leave the toilet seat up...
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I would love to know how you managed to get the toilet seat to go on the wrong way, last time I checked all they had was 2 threaded bars and a couple of bolts which then fit through 2 holes in a predetermined AND fixed location....

As to toilet seat tech, soft close is ages old.
    World's Best Toilet Seat and Electronic Bidet
  4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Don't ruin my newish toy...thats not nice. :)

What no jokes? :confused:
    And why yes Mr toilet seat repair man, with his surprising knowledge of how you fasten toilet seats, this one, may be down to it's futuristic self closing system, has a slider mechanism which can confuse 3 highly intelligent people, I have you know.

When I said backwards, I didn't mean backwards, backwards, I meant backwards as in the wrong way....clearly. :D

My contribution to why it didn't fit properly was maybe it comes like that, and I was being serious. :eek:

But O dear lord it's only, and I mean only $449.95, but does include a free surge protector...mmm....I wonder if that includes delivery?

Well at that crappy price it better, sorry had to be done. :D
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

The quality of your jokes is just going down the pan :p
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

There are some awesome things from Japan!
  7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

well as Karl Pilkington rightly noticed, it probably wasn't made in china - as they don't use seats!
  8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Get yourself to Chicago Airport. They have plastic on the seat that moves round and changes itself when you flush. Always a urine-free public toilet seat!