• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Okay which movie should I see?

Kevin

Film night tomorrow night... And I know a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy, and another guy that knows me and I'm a pirate ;)

So suggestions?

Lunera

hmmm
it depends what kind of movies you like.
Recently, I watched many times "Billy Elliot', a film that I really like.
What kind of movies do you prefer ? action, drama,... funny things ?

Kevin

mrp2049 said:
are you old enough for edge of darkness?
yes but age isn't the issue... did you miss the pirate bit of my post? :rolleyes:

And for genre: comedy, action, thriller, horror. Pretty much anything except for the romantic stuff (not that I don't like that, it's just not something to watch with some friends :p). I was thinking Pelham 123, The Book of Eli, The Hangover...

Recently saw Zombieland (hilarious movie!) and Paranormal Activity...

Lunera

Watching with friends ...
especially boys, right ?

what about Minority Report ? ... Well, you must have already watched it.
Gone in 60 Seconds, with Nicolas Cage and beautiful cars...
bandits, with Bruce Willis, Cate Blanchett - funny
The Jackal, a famous film yes, with Richard Gere and... Bruce Willis again

Kevin

Already saw Role Models, it really is great :)
Okay so The Hangover is on the list... any other ideas?

@Lunera: it's a mixed group

C

chrismitchell

I agree Sherlock Holmes was very good :) I hope that they do a second one on the Hound of the Baskervilles :D

Rhonda

Yay! other Role Models fans :D I actually used to do they LARP (many years ago) that is featured in the movie, though me and my friends never took it THAT seriously^^ so it was a little scary to see it on film but overall was a very good, funny movie.

As for what's coming out soon Solomon Kane looks really good, and my kind of movie.

edit: actually I have just learned it's already out in Europe:( on DvD or in theaters? In which case we in America would have to wait over here :X

mrp2049

Well I just saw Edge of Darkness, better than I thought, wanted it to be more brutal violence and there was a plot!

Back on topic, my name is khan is very good.

Kevin

Rhonda said:
Yay! other Role Models fans :D I actually used to do they LARP (many years ago) that is featured in the movie, though me and my friends never took it THAT seriously^^ so it was a little scary to see it on film but overall was a very good, funny movie.

As for what's coming out soon Solomon Kane looks really good, and my kind of movie.

edit: actually I have just learned it's already out in Europe:( on DvD or in theaters? In which case we in America would have to wait over here :X
And was it as gay in the Old English meaning as they say it is? :clap:

That would be a new one... usually we're the ones who have to wait for the movies to come out here :confused:

Krey20

I'm with Typo, Moon is very cool, can't imagine it'll improve with a repeat showing though????

Saw the Hangover for the first time last night, and it was pretty funny, cliched but funny.

Rhonda

Onartis said:
And was it as gay in the Old English meaning as they say it is? :clap:

That would be a new one... usually we're the ones who have to wait for the movies to come out here :confused:
It's a hobby just like any other. Whether it is "gay" or not is purely in the eye of the beholder. I didn't do it very long though, as life pulled me in other directions, but I didn't really find it to my liking. Me and my brother who also used to, and our mutual friends know people who still participate in LARP today. To each their own.:)