Ok...so what do you think?

Artyfart

Hi there all you lovely peeps! (Getting the creeping in first!)

What do you think of this? I'm new, please be gentle! lol

Sphere logo.jpg

What is it? If its a logo consider how it's going work across all possible formats and what is the meaning behind it, apart from the obvious reference to the name ' sphere ' how does it let me know it's publishing? I also find the publishing part of the text hard to read and when reversed out I think it maybe totally unrecognisable. I also think the font may need changing from something quite so futuristic.

There's an off-the-peg feel to the sphere and the font's more techno night at a local club than publishing in the broader sense (is it the same one as the business card design you posted? - don't get too attached to stuff you like the look of for reasons unconnected to your brief).

Interrogate the brief and have another go: even if you don't have a lot to go on, the concepts of 'sphere' and 'publishing' open the gate to numerous interesting possibilities.

This is what the client specified, this is a website and building sign the logo is more simplified for everything else. That's what they wanted. I've never done 3D style balls before so this was a first. At the moment they have a 2 dimensional thing which looks awful. It's an independent film/games company. Specialize in war/sci fi. It's not up and running at the mo.

Surely the logo needs to be consistent throughout? If they specialize in war/sci-fi there is your tangent for making the design more unique and bespoke to the company?

Mmm I agree, I tried to go with different colours but the guy wants a metal look and he reckons 'Sphere' won't need any introduction! People will get to know what it's about!

So is everything here precisely as directed by (and therefore presumably to the complete satisfaction of) the client? If it is, I have to wonder what's to be gained from any critical input...

Interesting, if the client is happy yet your not.. then what do you do? Take the money and run? I always make another version that in my mind is better and that I usually show and hope the client will like more.

Back