• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ok...so what do you think?

What is it? If its a logo consider how it's going work across all possible formats and what is the meaning behind it, apart from the obvious reference to the name ' sphere ' how does it let me know it's publishing? I also find the publishing part of the text hard to read and when reversed out I think it maybe totally unrecognisable. I also think the font may need changing from something quite so futuristic.

Dave L

There's an off-the-peg feel to the sphere and the font's more techno night at a local club than publishing in the broader sense (is it the same one as the business card design you posted? - don't get too attached to stuff you like the look of for reasons unconnected to your brief).

Interrogate the brief and have another go: even if you don't have a lot to go on, the concepts of 'sphere' and 'publishing' open the gate to numerous interesting possibilities.

This is what the client specified, this is a website and building sign the logo is more simplified for everything else. That's what they wanted. I've never done 3D style balls before so this was a first. At the moment they have a 2 dimensional thing which looks awful. It's an independent film/games company. Specialize in war/sci fi. It's not up and running at the mo.

Surely the logo needs to be consistent throughout? If they specialize in war/sci-fi there is your tangent for making the design more unique and bespoke to the company?

Mmm I agree, I tried to go with different colours but the guy wants a metal look and he reckons 'Sphere' won't need any introduction! People will get to know what it's about!

Dave L

So is everything here precisely as directed by (and therefore presumably to the complete satisfaction of) the client? If it is, I have to wonder what's to be gained from any critical input...

Interesting, if the client is happy yet your not.. then what do you do? Take the money and run? I always make another version that in my mind is better and that I usually show and hope the client will like more.