Official brand for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

That's a really great read, but, I still find it a massively generic and predictable solution.

The whole "humans" doing the Henri Matisse thing is getting a bit boring now.

...I still find it a massively generic and predictable solution. The whole "humans" doing the Henri Matisse thing is getting a bit boring now.

It's an image that makes pretty good sense in the olympic context though, no? I think it's quite an elegant solution and one that clearly has some real depth to it, as opposed to the lower age bracket, unplaced Blue Peter competition entry the London committee duped themselves into.

Oh it makes perfect sense in the Olympic context, no doubt about it, but, because it's been highly over-used in the past, I just can't get past it and feel it looks dated in unoriginal.

My favourite Olympic logo was the Mexico one from the 60's I think. 1968?

i really like the rio logo as it symbolised brazil perfect. i made a blog post on the olympic logos a while ago showing logos from 1924 - 2018 you can view it here Olympic Logo Designs from 1924 to 2018 | NUGFX. i also love the 2014 winter logo in sochi. when you look through the logos for the olympics most of them symbolize the country/city very well, so i ask you what does the london 2012 logo represent? that london is gay? you can view the logo

Back