Office Chairs

Dave1975

Hi everyone,

A strange thing to post about, but it's something that I've never really looked into that much, which is strange given the number of hours I spend using it! I've started getting various back pains from sitting in my chair for long periods of time, it was just a £40/50 one I bought from Staples (I think) about 2 years ago, just an average leather chair with height adjustment.

What chair do you use whilst working? Do you have an ergonomically designed chair? Something better than the average model from Staples?

I would love to get one of these - Aeron Chair from Herman Miller, available from PRB in the UK
But the £500+ price tag is going to prevent that atm :(

Does anyone have any recommendations for a chair that's cheaper than Aeron but better than the average £50 leather office chair?

Thanks,
Greg

I've got a £20 asda desk chair like this:
164-6179131A70UC489291X.jpg

Then i've got one from argos which was £50:
6178840A63UC143616M.jpg

Ideal chair :D:
164-6170996A68UC416842X.jpg

Yeah mine is like the second one you posted Timmo... but the ideal chair would be the Aeron!
I never thought I would be soo interested in buying a chair...

Aeron_Shots.gif

We have just standard lumbar support chairs here at work all black leather too :) very comfortable.. :)

Do you have a cat that sits on your lap and you stroke it all day too Berry? Or do you have a big cuban cigar and always facing away from the door so you can spin round

Kudosis said:
Do you have a cat that sits on your lap and you stroke it all day too Berry? Or do you have a big cuban cigar and always facing away from the door so you can spin round

"No Smoking Policy!" don't have any of the above but always fancied having having a pussy on my and lap stroking it!:D

matt said:
Trust me Greg, they're worth every penny! They're actually relatively cheap if you consider how much you spend on software and hardware etc. and this won't be out of date next year.

Yeah I guess that's true... they say buy cheap buy twice.. I've been through about 3 or 4 chairs now!

Thanks for the link to secondhand ones Brett - "Prices for 2nd hand Aeron chairs start at £270.00 + £35.00 delivery (if applicable) + VAT at 17.5% for these superb chairs"

That could be an option...
Greg

I have an Aeron chair at work.. And its overrated.. My cheapo home chair £30 argos one is just as good.. I find its about the height, not the actual chair.

All the agency have the most comfiest suede plush exec chairs i could find at over £200 a pop. My view is a comfy chair is just as important as a computer. We sit 8 hours a day on it, a comfortable bum is a happy one!

Looking back at the first page, you know what Berry? I absolutely knew you'd have a chair like that!

i have a children's ikea chair which is tiny. was going to buy a new one but got a desk instead. (and some lovely armani code mmmmmm)

Back