Offering Logo (Low price/free)

tina165

Hello everyone!!
I'm looking for someone who needs a logo. I'm student from czech republic and i've just started studying graphics at university and one of our first tasks is to create a logo and I prefere creating for something/someone real. If you don't like the result, you don't have to use it of course.

My experiences are small (i can send you examples of my work to email) so the price for the logo would be low, possibly for free.

If anyone is interessted, contact me on [removed] !! =)

Welcome to DF.

So just curious, what's your long term business plan for becoming a freelance designer?

The Simulator said:
Who says they want to become a freelancer?
Well they do mention a fee which seeing as they're a student they'd be freelancing :)

I get that this would be a freelance job. But it's a bit of a jump to assume they're planning it as a career whilst they're still studying. They might just want a nice little job at an agency.

To be honest, i don't know weather I want to be a freelance designer or not ... i've started school this month and I'll just see where destiny will take me.
I'm saying for free because i don't have many experience yet and i need it for school so i can ask just low money or no money

The Simulator said:
Who says they want to become a freelancer?
I'm not saying that she is, but due to mentioning working as a freelancer it's a safe bet that that option is being considered. There are many reasons for and against providing your services for free, and it's a great topic to discuss because, especially for someone just starting out, there are so many different things to consider that aren't necessarily obvious until you've been doing it for a while.

Tina, it took me about 5 years to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, and there are times I wish I had done things slightly differently, but it doesn't matter because as a freelancer you get to do pretty much what you want - as long as you're paying the bills and staying sane! I don't think being a freelancer is for everyone, it's largely a trade off between freedom and financial security (but there are many, many differences between freelance vs employee) - and again, it took me a while to realise what it was that I valued but I am very glad I became a full time freelancer.

Well done for taking the initiative to get out there and join some forums, presumably this wasn't the only one you signed up to? There is a huge wealth of knowledge available here, all you have to do is post a new topic with a specific question, be it about design, or business management, or anything else, and you'll get some great advice.

When you say you need it for school, presumably it's not an official requirement for you to have worked on a project before, is that just for your own experience in the course? If you are struggling to find work, the next best thing you can do is to just create your own fictional client and complete a project for them. I found this very difficult to do when I started out, but I wish I had done it. If you want someone to play the role of a client feel free to send me a PM :)

Anything else we can help you with, just let us know :)

Welcome to DF. :)

I totally agree with Sean on this one.
Working for other people for free can be a bit of a minefield believe me.
I've done a lot of it and to my cost and I still do the odd one for friends and family.

I had to start again in design and build a portfolio so I gave myself fictional projects to learn the software as I went.
You can set yourself the kind of thing that interests you which makes it much more fun too.
There are many helpful and experienced designers on here who will be happy to help and guide you which is an offer many don't get.

Working for free devalues what you do.
It's amazing how differently people regard what you've done when it's done for nothing. It's a bit like a common psychosis.

As a side note. It's very nice of you to offer your services on here for free but it's a bit like offering to give a farmer a free bag of potatoes.

Good luck with getting into design and I hope to see what you can achieve on DF.

This is a great opportunity that you are offering low price logo designing facility but have you provide excellent services in time, creativity etc.

Your are Providing free service please create a logo for my website.
If I would like it I will buy. but I can't pay to much. you can tell me your price before starting.

Welcome to the forum Tina. Pay heed to what Sean and Scotty have posted and you won't go far wrong.

Back