Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd realisation...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Aug 5, 2010.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

It is less than 30 days to my 29th birthday, this has left me somewhat reflective…

In 2006, I had a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 25, most of it was complete and utter rubbish, but you know the things I did were the important ones, and I seemingly ignored the crap.

Welcome to Mr P’s Big Pimping Mission 2006:

1: Learn ‘She was beautiful’ by Bryn Terfel - this was for my friends wedding, in the end, I was their best man, so it turned out differently than planned, so never learnt the song.

2: Evening of music with my Dad - I did this, I bought him a e-bow and we had a nice evening.

3: Random holiday - Didn’t manage that, I dont think I even got on holiday!

4: Graduate 2.1 minimum - Got that!

5: Get a piercing - Didn’t do that, I could never decide on what it would be.

6: Get Star Wars tattoos - Got them, and it still makes me happy!

7: Go to the Zoo with Nia (old friend of mine) - did that, only Bristol Zoo, but we went.

8: Play a gig with the Slowdance (my old band) - ended up doing 58 over 2 years!

9: Buy a double bass - I got a banjo instead, and the double bass has become my 30 target.

10: Start trying to find a career - well, this hasn’t exactly worked out.

11: Learn to drive - didn’t try, same reasons as before, bought more guitars!

12: Try to take over the world - you’ve got to include that don’t you?

13: Watch Lord of the Rings - couldn’t bring myself to waste 10+ hours of my life, still haven’t.

14: Enter a badminton tournamnet with Justin (another old friend) - we tried to find one, but the nearest one was Reading!

15: Go to the Hilton for a Meal - still haven’t done this! I think this might be on the cards for my birthday this year!

16:Sumo Lessons - couldn’t find any.

17: bungee jump - decided it was another thing that was on there for the sake of it. Maybe I should fit it in this time?

18: Buy a proper hat - Mother saw the list and bought one for me!

Obviously with 30 now looming, I guess I need a list of things to do before I turn 30. What the hell should that be? I still don’t particularly feel like an adult, so instead of a list full of ridiculous things, like climb Mount Kilimanjaro, or stuff that I have already done (get a tattoo? Really, I am more into the aim of being more ink than skin now), perhaps my list should be a list of things preparing me for the other side? Maybe I should start a pension? Make a will? Own more than 1 pair of shoes? I really don’t know.

I know there are a few of you around the same neck of the woods age wise, have/are you thinking the same thing?
  2. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Well watch lord of the rings. It's a cool series of films :D
  3. Becky

Becky Member

Yeah, watch Lord of the Rings!

I think about the same kind of things sometimes, as I'm on my way towards 30 :p

Owning a second pair of shoes might be a good thing, can never have too many shoes

• Get off my ass and get more work, now I sort of know what I want to do. I don't really want to go full-time freelance, but maybe do part-time where I am and part-time for myself.

and the big one ...
    • buy a house/flat (realistically it'll be a flat on a part-buy scheme, housing prices here are just awful), this is my main one before I hit 30 :)
  4. :lol: now thats a nice early years Bucket List :lol:
  5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

You should try to complete the ones you haven't off that list that are 'easier'

Such as the holiday
    and Bungee

How many could you tie in with your birthdays?
  6. He could dress up as Frodo and go to the Hilton to have a meal then go for a Bungee jump after to get rid of all the Hilton food :lol: :eek:
  7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I was thinking more, go on holiday and bungee jump... and watch LotR then go to the hilton :p

But your way works better
  8. I think my way is more like Mike :lol:
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm open to suggestions for other things.

And I don't really want to watch lord of the rings, star wars to the core! However the idea od bungee jumping dressed as frodo would be comical!
  10. Becky

Becky Member

You know you want to rock the Frodo look :D

11. :lol: remember Mike. Pics or it didn't happen :p
  12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I think a stormtrooper would be more appropriate!
  13. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Lol@Sheldon in his "The Doppler Effect" costume.

Lord of the Rings has to be the easiest thing on the list, surely? Just do it. Watch it on the flight to some holiday far away = no time wasted.
  14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Buy a hat!

Fezzes are as Jim points out cool.
  15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I got a hat! Its borderline cowboy indinana jones.
  16. Becky

Becky Member

Everyone needs hats, I have a small collection of top hats :p
  17. i'd prefer a pork pie hat :D
  18. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Most young males in hats look like they try to hard / are a dick.... it's a shame :) bring back the 1930s
  19. Georgina Kent

Georgina Kent Member

meh, you're actually comparing Lord of the Rings, with Star Wars? WATCH EM! :p
  20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

The is no comparison between the star wars universe and the armpit otherwise know as middle earth, the comparison starts because I am a massive geek/star wars fan. So it surprises people that I can be obsessed with one and have not seen the other.

I find it hard to believe there are nerds in the world who need help naming the star trek movies without google (typo?)!