Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama next president of USA

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone else found themselves to be more interested in the American elections than any UK politics? Did anyone follow the US election last night/this morning? I had the BBC text updates open from 11pm - 2am and it was already looking like Obama was taking a strong lead at that point so didn't expect any other result waking up this morning. I personally feel the right man got the job.

Greg

2. craigfarrall

craigfarrall Member

Yeah I know what you mean, don't get me wrong I know absolutely nothing about politics, doesn't even interest me in the slightest, but as you said, I have also been gripped by the elections over in the states. I was up most the night just watching it, didn't really understand how it is run, but there you go.

But if you asked me whats going on here come election time, I really doubt I would be able to tell you, that could be down to the fact the americans have 400 million + on advertising themselves, that is just stupid.

But I agree, the right man won.

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah it's probably down to the enormous budgets for their campaigns this time around, and the cool website for Barack probably helped grab my interest early on too (Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need)

I think over the last 5 or so years the world's view of America has been damaged, and this change will start to bring their country back into the 'world community'.

4. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Stayed up until 3am watching it :eek:. I personally believe that the right man won. Hopefully he can bring America and the rest of the world back on track. Lovely Obama site by the way, never checked it out before.

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

The Obama site was what got me interested in the US election campaigns in the first place. Feels like a long time ago having watched all the debates on BBC News and various speech videos on YouTube and the Obama site. I think I found the Obama site featured on a design gallery or blog, and yes it's a great site and has obviously helped his campaign no end!

6. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

I was up at 5.30 to see the result.

I must admit though I prefer American politics to British.

7. tim

tim Senior Member

I know I'm late to post, as it was two months ago, but yeah, it was fascinating!

I was up all night watching him win. Was worth it!

8. miralize

miralize Junior Member

I've never been interested in Politics before this year. I dont give two ****s about my own government, cant wait to see how Obama is going to turn America and the rest of the world around.

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Anyone planning to watch the inauguration on BBC News?

10. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Yep. I'm definitely gonna watch it tonight. It's an important moment in history. Time to celebrate! I really fear that he will be assasinated at some point during his presidency though.

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

I'm watching it now, well have BBC News 24 playing in a tab in Firefox, just before he came out with George W Bush to get in the car to the Capitol Building there was a news flash that a risk had been dealt with by the special services... been no more news on it since :confused: they must have such a tough job running security today!!

12. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhh!

13. berry

berry Active Member

It's all Animal Farm to me. 'Power always turns pigs into Farmers"
    I'ts not a defining moment in history, and don't let 'black' cloud the issue.
    There's something a bout him that says Tony Blair. Sorry don't buy any of it. Fast forward 3 years and see what happens. Two legs good, Four legs bad. ( Boxer still went to the knackers yard) ( ......Tim, you'll be too young for this ! try Google)

14. tim

tim Senior Member

lol thanks for making me feel less stupid with the google tip :D

but i'm not bothered by the black thing. it makes no difference. it's the fact he's a good speaker and he seems more like a natural president than George friggin W. Bush did. There's pages of his 'Bushisms'... it's shameful!

I don't see the Tony Blair in him though... apart from the drugs when he was young... not that that makes a difference.

Either way, only time will tell.

Hope I'm right though, I'd look cool.

15. berry

berry Active Member

No way can you ever be COOL!!! - not with the word 'geekboy' in your Avatar handle:D:D:D

16. tim

tim Senior Member

LOL thanks for the boost there Berry!

But forget the 'geekboy' in my avatar thing... what about the fact i'm in web design?! that's not cool!

graphic design is cool, but I won't mention that. It'll spoil my argument.

17. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Being American, I was hoping people would start booing or throwing shoes :)eek:) at Bush when he came out of the Capitol :p

18. berry

berry Active Member

Nah!!! .............Now being a Celebrity Creative Pubic Hair Stylist........now that's cool!

19. tim

tim Senior Member

Touche.

I'll give you that one quite happily. I think web design is a little less, how do I put it... EEEEWWW.

20. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

That's probably like the best paid job you could get :cool:
    Did you guys see the Madonna pictures they're auctioning? As a Celebrity Creative Pubic Hair Stylist you'd have a lot of work :eek: