NYC Intersections

New York City is a world unto its own. It's both amazing and frightening. People 24/7.
My mom and I have visited about 8 times, staying in Times Square each one. Every time coming home more thrilled than the last. I went initially in 9th grade because the NYC trip we were supposed to go on as a choir was cancelled due to terror threats, so mom and I rebooked (at my insistence and begging) for a 3 day weekend over the summer. We had a blast. Saw our first Broadway show (Hairspray) and wandered the city. The following two summers while dad went on his fishing trip my little sister, mom and I went to NYC. I got to go to NYC in the winter for the first time when I turned 20 for my birthday and rang in my 21st there at a bar in Times Square. It was cold as could be but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. Mom and I skated in Rockefeller Center, too. Which you do just to say you did it.
When I graduated from college, my family surprised me with a trip. It was my mom, little sister and I for a week in New York the week after I graduated. The city was decorated for Christmas, we went shopping on 5th Avenue (my sister learned that Florida winter clothes do not equal NY winter clothes, I bought her a scarf from a street vendor. Cold as she was she still took 5 minutes to pick out the one she wanted... always the fashionista) and we went skating at Sky Rink. We went to the Life Cafe, which is unforunately closed now, where we unexpectedly sat on the Jonathan Larson bench and all my RENT fantasties were granted (Jonathan Larson wrote the musical RENT and spent a lot of time at that particular cafe writing the musical. He died just before the musical opened so that place became a mecca for RENT heads). :)
Basically, if you get the chance to go, GO. I hope to live there at some point in my life. :)

Great photos Gialuca! I'm so jealous that you live in NYC that I can't even explain.

Tony Hardy said:
Great photos Gialuca! I'm so jealous that you live in NYC that I can't even explain.
Why don't you come visit the City? You could discover that it's a suitable place where to live. And design is generally taken more seriously than in Europe.

Gianluca Teti said:
Why don't you come visit the City? You could discover that it's a suitable place where to live. And design is generally taken more seriously than in Europe.
I'm dying to get out to NYC. I really really want to live out there, but it seems really expensive?

Tony Hardy said:
I'm dying to get out to NYC. I really really want to live out there, but it seems really expensive?
Life-cost is very relative. Food and clothing are usually more affordable than in Europe, but you might find many categories of products unexplainably overpriced. The point is that salaries here are higher than in the old continent, so what looks expensive for you might not be expensive for a resident. For the housing you have to compromise a little bit. Most part of Manhattan is just not an option, but you can live in the other New York boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx... not Staten Island, unless you want to take the ferry boat every morning). The subway is efficient and covers almost any area, so you would be able to reach downton areas fairly quickly.
Anyhow, If and when you decide to relocate I will be glad to give you some assistance from here. I would suggest you come to visit the place first though. If you don't come from a big city, New York can be overwhelming at first.

Today i saw this one whats the hell of road in NYC.
1006030_625879260770784_1926175043_n.jpg

Back