Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now in Dubai :)

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Anyone been? I'm going on Business so I have to work for most of the time, but just thought i would ask if anyone knows of any good gifts to buy people for back here from Dubai :)

I'm going to be there for a week :p
  2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I wish my work would send me to dubai! The best I've had recently is barry island!
  3. LOL @ Mike :) well its Dubai next week and then off to Rome at the end of the year, next year its 3 places: Tokyo, Rome (again) and Monaco. 2012 is another 3 destinations: Tokyo again, Buenos Aires and Edinburgh :p

So lots of travelling, and Natalie can come along too to them if she's free :)
  4. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

A camel, bit of oil, and a handful of sand? :p A miniature version of the Burj Al Arab? Waterpipe? Or you could get one of those funky white Saudi outfits that all the men wear? :D
  5. I am really just looking for a present for my mum as its her birthday very soon after I get back from Dubai :) so thought I would get something from there for her :lol:

Nice suggestions Soren :p (also are you going to join in the Avatar theme this month?)
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

To quote stan smith, 'I love my man dress!' And I do, mine came from iraq though
  7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

My business partner went there last month and bought back one of these.

Sure your Mum will love it!

Make sure you go to the Mall of Emirates and see the biggest fish tank in the world, then you can go skiing or snowboarding here >> Home - Ski Dubai

8. LOL @ Tom.. now thats coool :D :lol:

I don't think that my mum would like that as she doesn't smoke :p :lol:

I doubt that i'll have a chance to go to the Mall of Emirates :( i'm going to be working almost the entire time i'm there :( i only have a few hours of break time, which i'll probably use to catch up on sleep and have a swim or something like that :) but I have to take photos of all our delegates while i'm there so I will be going to take photos on a Dhow ship cruise for an evening, a cocktail party in the Burj Al Arab and a meal in the desert.. so i'll see some things, just not any other relaxing stuff :lol:
  9. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Its never too late to start Chris, besides I don't think you have to be a smoker to enjoy a Shisha, just need to be able to breath :D

Still sounds like you've got a pretty cool trip, even with your work duties, have fun dude :up:
  10. I will try to :p
  11. Digital Naga

Digital Naga Member

Dont bother to shop in town as Dubai Airport has the greatest duty free ever. You can even buy cars there. You should have a great time Dubai is pretty cool place.
  12. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Haha! A portable Shisha, how cool is that! :D

Maybe get your mum some perfume, or a handbag or something? I was only in Dubai Airport during a stopover for a connecting flight, so I can't say anything about the malls, but the stuff in the airport was a good bit cheaper than here. I got some perfume for the missus there for a really good price.

Completely forgot about the new avatar month, haven't been around for the last few days. I'll get on it! (nod) <--Love the new smiley!

EDIT: Ahh..Naga beat me to it :)
  13. Digital Naga

Digital Naga Member

Sorry Arlev ;)
  14. Nice one :D I'll look at the airport when i'm leaving too :D i would like to get stuff for the rest of my family too :) so it will be a good place to purchase things on the cheap :D
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hope you enjoy the trip Chris (despite the large work aspect of it!!) never been to Dubai, but always been a place I'd fancy seeing, am I right in thinking they have hotel with the tennis court projecting out the side/top of the building??
  16. Dunno about that particularly Greg :p but if I find out I will let everyone know :lol:

I could post about it on the DF Blog LOL ;)
  17. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahh ha found it, who'd have thought 'dubai tennis court' would be the search keywords I needed!?

Sure you can fit a quick game in Chris?
    (Just be careful running after those lobs, we need you here to fight the good fight, AKA DF spam!! :D)
  18. strangely i will be at the hotel there for the cocktail evening to take photos (its for all the faculty who are involved in the congress) :) so i will be on the 130somethingth floor :lol:
  19. Greg

Greg Active Member

Excellent! Quickly sneak off for 10 minutes and practice your serve, just make sure it's before you've had too many cocktails, don't want the deuce affecting your balance up there.

I'll get my coat.
  20. well if I could basejump off it I would :lol: that would be one awesome jump :D :lol: