Not sure this is right?

ARRIVALS

Here's an advert I came across today on Gumtree. This can't be right can it? You've got to wonder what they're advertising.

LOOKING FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FEMALE)

Small, women-focussed organisation is looking for a female graphic designer to work on leaflets and display materials.
This could lead to further design work if the right price and design work is delivered for the initial job.
Please contact us via email with pdf samples of your work and for more information.

THANK YOU!! :)

We were going to get a coffee maker for the office and advertised for a 20 year old blonde...

But seriously - yeh it's so disgusting even reading that.

It is actually against the law to hire based on gender or any other discriminatory feature.

It's under the Equality Act 1998 and the amendment in Equality Act 2004.

Report the advert.

Here's an advert I came across today on Gumtree. This can't be right can it? You've got to wonder what they're advertising.

LOOKING FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FEMALE)

Small, women-focussed organisation is looking for a female graphic designer to work on leaflets and display materials.
This could lead to further design work if the right price and design work is delivered for the initial job.
Please contact us via email with pdf samples of your work and for more information.

THANK YOU!! :)

Sincerely - the worst part of that advert is the sexism.

But of course there's an equally worse part!

"Right price" and "if work is delivered for initial job"!

That's just insulting. If you want me to cross-dress for work I will dictate the price.

Seriously -

A wage should be offered - or it seems like they are looking for the person asking for the least. Which is more likely?

I reckon the latter!

And in that case - you're in for a world of hurt with this advert.

Stick to paying jobs.

I work under an alias - and most of my clients don't even know if I a male, female, human...

Back