Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not dead, just escaped Hell.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jimlad, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'd just like to share with everyone (using a topic title befitting the recent trend) that yesterday was my last day at my mind-numbing, soul-crushing job in an office where stillness and silence must ever be maintained. I stuck it out for 14 months, and thats all I could take.

Now I'm in the market for any freelancing illustration any time of day or night. Well, apart from the 3 weeks I'll be spending in Turkey from the 11th. Which is nice. :clap:
    Now the real work begins!

2. wac

wac Senior Member

On and up Jim! was that a design studio you were working in?

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I'd have stuck it out if it were, wac. It was an admin job I had to take after getting made redundant from the design company I used to work at with Typo. My portfolio's better and less christmassy these days tho so I think I'm in a slightly better position than I was then in terms of chasing illustration work.

4. DWildish

DWildish Member

blank

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Fun aint it.

6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Fixed. :D

7. tim

tim Senior Member

good luck with it all dude.

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Thanks Tim.

9. hope things are working out well for you Jim :) I'm also now a fulltime freelancer..

10. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

sorry old thread and now your on holiday but good luck! I too am in one hell of a crap admin job, if I have to tell one more person to turn the computer off and on again I swear I'm going to throw one through the window. Luckily though after going through a recent interview process (from which I didnt get the job) they still really like me and want to give me a job in a few months so I too share the relief from the depressing reality of the crappy admin job!

11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha Ben have you ever watched The I.T. Crowd? They answer the phone by asking that question!

Yeah still in Turkey. Dived off a boat into the Aegean Sea today.

12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

The boat was sinking...

13. BenJonesDesign

haha yes! it was pretty funny the other day, had such a rough day at work and just so happened that I joked alot that day about how no matter how many times I tell people that I still end up telling them again. Later that night switching on to the I.T Crowd there they were doing the joke, love it. One thing I will do on my last day is take an old computer outside, along with a mallet of some sort and smash it to hell! oooo such a nice dream.

14. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I wish I worked anywhere with a proper IT department instead of outsourcing to numbskulls. Actually right now I don't work anywhere so I guess I'm my own IT department!

15. BenJonesDesign

well actually the company's IT department is just me, but we have third party, I know their phone number like the back of my hand lol

16. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

"I know this place like the back of my hand..." *looks at back of hand* "Ooh, that's new..."
    ~ Robots

17. BenJonesDesign

oh bless, hang in there Jim **pats back**