• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

North/South/Midlands - What are you?

Where do you live now?

• North

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • South

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Midlands

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Not in the UK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

Sean Lee-Amies

If you imagine the country split into 3, north, south and middle, where do you live right now?
I'm from the South :)

T

Tony Hardy

Sean Lee-Amies said:
You call that living? ;) Most of you look half dead ;)
It's the weather and the amount of alcohol we consume. I also live in "the cold North". About 5 miles away from Newcastle.
Getting to know where everyone is from is a great idea, especially if we do a DF meetup at somepoint soon.

HANG ON. I've got it. Isn't ShaunnaLynn from Florida? I say, we do the meet up there ;) :D That okay Shaunna? Yeah? Great! :D

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Tony Hardy said:
HANG ON. I've got it. Isn't ShaunnaLynn from Florida? I say, we do the meet up there ;) :D That okay Shaunna? Yeah? Great! :D
Sure... BUSINESS TRIP ON THE COMPANY. Yes DF bank? That okay? Great :D
But seriously, I was thinking it would be nice to meet some local people, (if there are any for me :(), and get to know everyone a little better. Let's make this a real community of friends :D

Levi

Staff member
Tony Hardy said:
Always have to have one awkward sod :) Where you from Levi?
the very very top of Norfolk (part of East Anglia - hence east :p) - near Sandringham (about 15mins from me) to make it easy for people. I'm literally 5mins from the dividing county line to both Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire :)
PS. Lincolnshire would be east too :)

T

Tony Hardy

Levi said:
no EAST, I'm in east anglia.... these northerners, they must struggle with more than 2 directions :p
Nah, just because you don't want to be a Silly Southerner and refuse to accept that you are ;)

Sean Lee-Amies said:
But seriously, I was thinking it would be nice to meet some local people, (if there are any for me :(), and get to know everyone a little better. Let's make this a real community of friends :D
Meetups are awesome. We usually have one each year over on Estetica, but they're so hard to organise. Getting people to agree on a date when no ones working, or has money, and then a location to suit everyone...right royal pain in the arse.

T

Tony Hardy

The Simulator said:
Meetups are awesome. We usually have one each year over on Estetica, but they're so hard to organise. Getting people to agree on a date when no ones working, or has money, and then a location to suit everyone...right royal pain in the arse.
Yeah, I can't imagine it being fun to organise, but, they'll be awesome. Do you normally stay over somewhere?

S

Sean Lee-Amies

True but if we've got enough people interested then I'm sure we can get enough people together to make it worthwhile :)

Depends. Sometimes we just go for the day trip. But it's usually better when we stay over. Went to York last time, there was only like 9 or 10 of us but we had a cracking couple of days.