Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Anybody got one? Was playing boxing, tennis and ten pin bowling at the weekend at a party. To be honest I was VERY impressed with how accurate the wireless remotes are, the console really is fantastic and great fun (especially after a few).

I was sceptical as being a ex-Xbox360 owner thought the Wii was a joke really just for kids, how wrong I was, great fun for the family and friends so will be looking to get one really soon.

2. Helen

Helen Member

Yeah, we "bought one for the kids" :icon_biggrin:

I love it.....especially bowling! But my arms always kill the day after.

Just bought the wii fit and rayman raving rabbids tv party. All good fun!

3. Pete

Pete Member

I was given one the Chrimbo before last. To be honest, it's a bit like the Mighty Boosh: Awesome the first time round, great when you have a few friends over who haven't experienced it before but gets old quickly. Definatley a social console. It doesn't help that it's taken 2 years for developers to start taking the console seriously, check out this years release list though; Madworld, The Conduit, House of the Dead Overkill all look great.

Nintendo are bringing out the Motion Plus adapter for the controller this year, it gives true 1:1 motion control, something that's not possible at the moment. I expect we'll see some really innovative and immersive games once that's released.

The Virtual Console is great. If I didn't have a thing for the boxart on older games (have a nice collection of '90's consoles going on) I'd have bought one myself just to play Ocarina of Time and Gunstar Heroes again.

4. Timmo

Timmo Member

I've got a Wii had to have a 3 day break though after playing tennis for about 5 hours think I pulled a muscle lol

5. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I'm a PC gamer but my son has a Wii (he's 5).

I nearly had a heart attack when playing boxing with him. Its a great laugh when there are folk round the house for a party.

I got addicted to playing De Blob for a while.

6. Ash2009

Ash2009 New Member

Yeah i've got a wii, i think they are absolutely brilliant, agree with Pete these are a great social console.
    Even got the grandparents on the sports game that was a laugh...
    Can't begin to think what Nintendo and other console manufacturers will be coming up with next..!?

7. timmp.co.uk

timmp.co.uk Member

Forget Wii Sports, Boss Hog! Try out Mario Kart wii! An absolutely brilliant game!

8. Stationery Direct

Will do, I've heard its good, still looking round for a Wii, pricey arent they?

9. timmp.co.uk

timmp.co.uk Member

I'd suggest Amazon at the moment, as Woolworths had the best price of £129.99, but obviously are out of business now.

10. Stationery Direct

That was a good price, missed out there, they're around £170 (ish) most places now.

11. timmp.co.uk

timmp.co.uk Member

Wow, they've been that price for 2 years.

I got mine from Sainsburys and managed to reduce 2p off by getting a game with it too. Don't ask me how that makes sense, but it's true!

12. If your gonna get one... and your a bit 'boss hog' - then go for Wii Fit - it's awesome...training, fitness, and you can track your weight gain/loss...

brilliant

13. Timmo

Timmo Member

14. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

next thing on our list is a wii fit. and boy do i need it!