Newsletters

VictoriaONeill

Hello All,

I am currently looking into setting up a monthly newsletter for my design business but I am not sure how to do this/who the best company to go through, is? and how much it should cost me? There are lots on the internet but I am worried that as I don't know a great deal about it, I will choose the wrong company!

Does anyone have any information on this please?

If you'd like an alternative option - we have used Simplycast for four years now - seem very good. No issues.

They have purchased several other companies along the way and are now quite large (or at least seem to be).

I will concurr with all the mailchimp comments, best thing too its free up to a point (about 5,000 mailout limit i think)

Tables and inline CSS seems the best way to go with Newsletters. It's a complete pain but works for the most part across the different email clients.
Aye, thats what I meant. To do anything else will just lead to your email not displaying properly for most people. I guess one day email will be a more dynamic experience - but for now its like the web 10+ years ago :p

Some of the info on this website is now out of date, but I found this quite useful when learning more about the best coding practices for HTML email.

Aye, thats what I meant. To do anything else will just lead to your email not displaying properly for most people. I guess one day email will be a more dynamic experience - but for now its like the web 10+ years ago :p

Some of the info on this website is now out of date, but I found this quite useful when learning more about the best coding practices for HTML email.

Just to add to that, campaign monitor have a good cheatsheet of what works and what doesn't work in terms CSS coding for HTML emails. I will try and lay hands on the link and update this post tomorrow.

Back