Newly redesigned and optimised website not ranking well in Google

Hello,

I have a newly redesigned and optimised WordPress based website that has been live since the start of the year. It has been redesigned with SEO in mind, by including lots of keyword rich pages and blog etc.

The old website was a bit naff but performed much better in Google search. The intention of the new website was to improve my average listing of page 3/4 for the most relevant keyword search, however, it has now gone down to page 10.

I welcome any suggestions to improve my site's search engine listing. I now regularly update blog with useful content and use social media and bookmarking sites to drive more traffic to the website...

Thanks,
Phil

I've just used SEO Spyglass on your website (I'm assuming you mean carmacreative.co.uk) and seen that you have 182 backlinks.

Have you thought about backlinking a bit more? How many backlinks do your competitors have?

I'd recommend pushing more text on the homepage but it would be a shame to lose out on your simplistic design which I think looks great by the way.

So yeah, try SEO Spyglass (from a website called Link-Assistant, check Google), it's free to use and you can check on your competition's backlinks and see how you can beat them.

All the best!

Where is the home page content, header tags etc? Your index/home page is the most important and you've virtually no HTML text at all. Simplicity may be the ideal in print but in web content is king!

Did you use redirects on your old webpages to ensure your SEO legacy was carried across?

If you didn't your new webpages are effectively starting from scratch and will need to climb up the rankings over time....

Thanks for the feedback guys. I lost sight of some vital SEO tactics whilst in the design process. Back to the drawing board with this one.

I've just used SEO Spyglass on your website (I'm assuming you mean carmacreative.co.uk) and seen that you have 182 backlinks.

So yeah, try SEO Spyglass (from a website called Link-Assistant, check Google), it's free to use and you can check on your competition's backlinks and see how you can beat them.

All the best!

You can also use Web CEO which has a great free trial before purchase, also IBF but with all of them you only get a certain amount of data unless you pay for the full version.
Naturally, backlnks are really important but the site itself has to be optimized first, what about internal page links too, this will help if done correctly and making sure search term keywords are in the body text.The main keywords should be at the beginning and end of the page?
Highlighting can also help although not so much with Google perhaps. The correct keywrod density, Alt Image texts and anchortexts all need to be addressed.
The one thing that gets me confused is how these different software tools reports java script as an error?

Back