Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcomer Needing A New Challenge

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by league, Mar 5, 2010.

1. league

league New Member

Hi Everyone.

I have just joined this site and am about to undertake learning Web Design and looking forward to it.
    any good pointers to get me started would be most welcome.
  2. JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Member

Start small at first, learn html and css to build static websites. Also learning some graphic design skills wouldn't go amiss.
  3. league

league New Member

Thanks for the advice.
    I am still wondering whether to do a course or not,a bit costly I know but this may give me some structure to work to.
    How can I pace myself and be disciplined teaching myself??
  4. Oranjelibertine

Oranjelibertine New Member

I use w3 schools to teach myself bits and pieces. THey have quizzes and interactive elements, so it can be more useful than just reading out of a book. If you want to chat about it just give me a shout, would be interesting to see how much I know myself
  5. league

league New Member

I did have a quick look at w3 school and it looked a bit fague,maybe I should have a longer and better look at it.Did you find it easy to follow and would or did you ever consider a course or are they a waste of time & money??
  6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I bought a book - easy to flick through/back/forward. Head First are good. HTML and CSS. When you have the basics you can use W3. is good too - you may be able to get 30 days free.
  7. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Graphic Design Forums. :icon_thumbup:

8. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

I'd say it's crucial. Otherwise, you're not a designer but a coder.