Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle United do a Stupid

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

So, Newcastle fans have been asking to get our old stadium gates reinstalled at St James' Park for a while now. And about 6 months ago it was agreed that they would be resurrected.
    Yeah; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-23746677
    :blink:

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it's Newcastle... what do you expect :p

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Honestly, we have one of the most messed up owners going. He just does some of the most stupid things ever.

4. Levi

I wasn't on about the football team :p

5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Do you want banned? ;)

6. Levi

no I'm not that good with musical instruments :p

7. Hahaha, you guyyys.
    I don't think it's as stupid as it looks. They can't use it as the main gates in any way as that would contravene naming conventions. They simply aren't going to re-instate the old name, that's the end of it, which is fair enough really if you look at all the other stadiums. It's just a compromise, at least the owners were willing to do that much.
    But seriously, it's a name and a gate, does it really deserve so much attention? Oh and I say this as a Newcastle United fan ;)

8. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

You need to get with the times my friend, they changed the name back ages ago ;)

9. Well then this is a confusing article :D

10. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

I used to think that Ashley was just some kind of 'new money' idiot who bought the club as some kind of rich kids toy. I think as a NUFC supporter, we have been treated like mugs for a long time now. The support is completely taken for granted - think 'ToonGate'/NOTW. I began to tire of the current admin. when they sacked Chris Hughton in 09 and the good season we had in '11 didn't really inspire any change in my opinion of the situation. I have changed my opinion on Ashley though. I think to think of him as this fat idiot is wrong. He's obviously quite a shrewd businessman, SportsDirect are one of the big players in UK retail, and i read somewhere they're soon to be in the top bracket with the likes of M&S.This is just another attempt to keep the club in the spot light, by way of angering the fans to create headlines. You have to admire the amount of free advertising he has got out of the club. He's bought us as a vehicle to promote his primary concern SD. Luckily, the mackems are still even worse...

11. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

.... .... wh- .. .... balls. There are no words.

13. Well he certainly knows what he's doing...
    The comments were interesting, I bet they both have bought these "sweat shop" produced clothes... Also, not sure why he should be expected to take profit from his company and spend it on the club... football clubs should be profitable on their own without having to borrow/take huge sums of money.

14. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Exactly right. Everyone seems to look down on Sports Direct, but if you need some cheap trainers for running, footy or generally doing something active that doesn't required top end gear, where else do you go?
    I was in a store the other day and behind the counter they've got SD branded extension cables and kids art sets ffs. They literally must buy anything at the right price and whack a logo on it. I think he might have the same model for the football club, sadly.