Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle Restraunts

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 13, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

I just wondered if anyone knew any decent restraunts in and around newcastle upon tyne? I just havent been out in a while and wanted to treat myself and maybe a friend?..I havent found anyone yet but I'd like to go somewhere nice to eat this weekend for a change.

2. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

I like Piccolinos in Newcastle or Brassarie in Malmaison if you're looking for something cheaper Scalinis on Osbourne Rd is good value and always busy!

3. berry

berry Active Member

What type of food? and budget?
    If you want one of the best quality meals in the North East in quiet romantic environment
    I would suggest the Victoria Restuarant at te Grand Hotel on Tynemouth Sea Front.
    they do a weekend £25 a head 3 course that is absolutely amazing quality. It's one of my 'special' places. You can have a drink in Tynemouth and walk the 200 yards down to the Hotel.

The Grand Hotel - Tynemouth, Tyne and Wear, UK - Accommodation Weddings Conferences Banqueting

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I can recommend The Grand Hotel also. Great for a walk along the Long Sands afterwards.
    Tynemouth is easy to get to from Newcastle with there being a direct Metro link and all.

Here's a piccy of the view from the Hotel....

Attached Files:

5. berry

berry Active Member

You know I think I may take Mrs B there on Saturday night as a treat!

6. Thewholehogg

You old smoothy....

Mc Donalds for me and Mrs H

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

splashing out I see :p normally a trip to the chippy isn't it ;)

8. Thewholehogg

The best Chip shop in the North East no less....

my missus she love de battered sausage.

9. glenwheeler

Thanks for that Berry. I dont really have a budget, would just be nice to get out with some people and eat somewhere nice. I've been to Scalini's! Great food. As anyone been to Marco Polo's?I have had mixed reactions...

10. Thewholehogg

Marco Polo's is good. I've been a number of times. Go early bird to get great deals
    on scrummy grub.

11. glenwheeler

thanks for that Typo.. :) I might try that one at first... how much are the meals down al mal maison?

12. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

13. glenwheeler