Hydie331

Hello,

I've never really done any graphic design but I am wanting to pick up a new skill and this seems the most useful to me at this point in time, How would I go about getting the basics down and is there any software out there that is regarded as the best I currently have Photoshop.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

That is a very wide open question and has to be responded to with another really. What do you want to do?

The best software choice depends entirely on the area you want to go into. For example, the print design industry standard would be InDesign. Web design? There’s a whole lot of sub sections there.

The important thing before making a software choice, is to decide which area you want go into and learn about that. I am always going to say, get yourself an education. Best start you can give yourself. I know that’s not always possible, but it really is the best route to and first step on the career ladder.

That said, if you have the pennies, Adobe Creative Cloud subscription will give you access to most software for most disciplines.

Another one to look at for image manipulation, vector illustration and page layout is the Affinity suite of programs.

Sorry for being so vague, but it’s quite an open-ended question.

Back