New YouTube Logo

T

Tony Hardy

So Google acquired YouTube a while ago. Now YouTube have a new logo to meet the Google brand style.

For me, I have to be honest, I think it looks a little bloated. Read the full article over on Design Week.

What does anybody think?

Attachments

• youtub_660.jpg
    youtub_660.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 5
I think it works well without the 'youtube' at the bottom and reversed colour scheme which is how you'll see it 90% of the time.
Kind of looks like a windows 8 tile in that image lol

I agree Tony, I think the play 'button' could do to be a little smaller and a little 'squarer', but then like Levi said you're getting into the W8 tile scene I guess.

The icon part is good to me, way better than the original one with the gradient. I have an issue with the typeface though. I am not sure a light sans-serif if sufficiently legible at small sizes, especially with such an overwhelming red shade as a background.

The play buttong looking nice, it's contrast, size everything is good expectedly pretty logo it is.

I also love the icon of youtube. Although the font was too thin. Would you think it should have been better if they have use the font on their old logo?

Back