• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Will Smith film - Seven Pounds

tim

anybody seen it? got a short review?

my parents got back 15 minutes ago and told me if i saw it, i've got to take my giant transformers action heroes to cheer me up.

when i asked "what happens" in it, mum replied "nothing happy".

is it she's just emotional to-the-max, or is she right?

berry

Seven Pounds? got a dvd of it and watched it on sunday night. Mums right, not a happy film. Actually not a great film. It annoys me watching 60 minutes before you get a handle on the plot. Tears aplenty. Slumdog Millionaire is a better film tho.

Greg

I have to say I really enjoyed it! watched it at the cinema on Friday, now I don't know if I have a stone for a heart but I didn't find it that sad?! It has a happy ending in a way, maybe that's the optimist in me, seeing the best of the situation! Hard to say a lot about the plot/story without giving too much away, but I enjoy films where you have to wait to get the plot, Memento being my favourite of such films.

If you liked Pursuit of Happyness I think you'll like Seven Pounds, same director so obviously has a similar style, and I thought it was good to see Will Smith playing a different type of character.

Tim, if you're planning on seeing it don't read too much about it, especially online, as they'll no doubt be people giving away the story!

C

chrismitchell

I felt the same sort of thing about it and about Slumdog Millionaire.. its an odd thing, its sad (in some cases really depressing) but all in all i can see the silver lining in both films sort of thing.. not in my top10 but still good films never the less :)

Greg

chrismitchell said:
but all in all i can see the silver lining in both films sort of thing
Without saying too much I thought it actually had a couple of good messages to send out, one is in not sending out messages if that makes sense ;) and the other is more obvious but I can't say! lol

Kevin

The Slumdog Millionaire sounds really mysterious and my mom told me I'd like it a lot. So I'm definitely going to watch it when I get the chance. The Seven Pounds movie trailer looks really interesting and dramatic but now everyone is saying it's all sad... :p

tim

lol that's gutting! i was looking forward to a funny Will Smith film, like he was in MIB and MIB2 or whatever they're called.

GUTTED!

Onartis said:
The Slumdog Millionaire sounds really mysterious and my mom told me I'd like it a lot. So I'm definitely going to watch it when I get the chance. The Seven Pounds movie trailer looks really interesting and dramatic but now everyone is saying it's all sad... :p
hope to the Slumdog Millionaire asap. :up:

berry

tim-ater said:
lol that's gutting! i was looking forward to a funny Will Smith film, like he was in MIB and MIB2 or whatever they're called.

GUTTED!
I Think Will is going to travel the same road Tom Hanks did. Becoming a 'serious actor'. Oscar man.

Will Smith is kind of one dimentional as an actor( which isn't a bad thing, most movie mega stars throughout cinema history are). Will Smith plays Will Smith playing Will Smith playing er...Will Smith! Great personality as an actor and a genuine guy i believe. But i think he wants to be taken seriously now.

berry

tim-ater said:
Seen next to everything he's been in for 8 years :)
Ali is my fav followed by I Robot

Where the day takes you
Made in America
Six degrees of Separation
Bad Boys
Independence Day
Legend of Bagger Vance
Enemy of the State
Ali
MIB 1
MIB 2
Bad Boys 2
I Robot
Sharks Tale
Hitch
The Pursuit Of Happyness
I Am Legend
SevenPounds

tim

oh my dayyss

watched the film last week- so sad. so so sad. Will Smith is probably my favourite and worst actor. His acting is amazing, but he makes you depressed.