Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Will Smith film - Seven Pounds

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Jan 19, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

anybody seen it? got a short review?

my parents got back 15 minutes ago and told me if i saw it, i've got to take my giant transformers action heroes to cheer me up.

when i asked "what happens" in it, mum replied "nothing happy".

is it she's just emotional to-the-max, or is she right?

2. berry

berry Active Member

Seven Pounds? got a dvd of it and watched it on sunday night. Mums right, not a happy film. Actually not a great film. It annoys me watching 60 minutes before you get a handle on the plot. Tears aplenty. Slumdog Millionaire is a better film tho.

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

I have to say I really enjoyed it! watched it at the cinema on Friday, now I don't know if I have a stone for a heart but I didn't find it that sad?! It has a happy ending in a way, maybe that's the optimist in me, seeing the best of the situation! Hard to say a lot about the plot/story without giving too much away, but I enjoy films where you have to wait to get the plot, Memento being my favourite of such films.

If you liked Pursuit of Happyness I think you'll like Seven Pounds, same director so obviously has a similar style, and I thought it was good to see Will Smith playing a different type of character.

Tim, if you're planning on seeing it don't read too much about it, especially online, as they'll no doubt be people giving away the story!

4. I felt the same sort of thing about it and about Slumdog Millionaire.. its an odd thing, its sad (in some cases really depressing) but all in all i can see the silver lining in both films sort of thing.. not in my top10 but still good films never the less :)

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Without saying too much I thought it actually had a couple of good messages to send out, one is in not sending out messages if that makes sense ;) and the other is more obvious but I can't say! lol

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

The Slumdog Millionaire sounds really mysterious and my mom told me I'd like it a lot. So I'm definitely going to watch it when I get the chance. The Seven Pounds movie trailer looks really interesting and dramatic but now everyone is saying it's all sad... :p

7. tim

tim Senior Member

lol that's gutting! i was looking forward to a funny Will Smith film, like he was in MIB and MIB2 or whatever they're called.

GUTTED!

8. brandmantra

brandmantra Junior Member

hope to the Slumdog Millionaire asap. :up:

9. berry

berry Active Member

I Think Will is going to travel the same road Tom Hanks did. Becoming a 'serious actor'. Oscar man.

Will Smith is kind of one dimentional as an actor( which isn't a bad thing, most movie mega stars throughout cinema history are). Will Smith plays Will Smith playing Will Smith playing er...Will Smith! Great personality as an actor and a genuine guy i believe. But i think he wants to be taken seriously now.

10. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah too true. He's a brilliant actor though. Seen next to everything he's been in for 8 years :)

11. berry

berry Active Member

Ali is my fav followed by I Robot

Where the day takes you
    Made in America
    Six degrees of Separation
    Bad Boys
    Independence Day
    Legend of Bagger Vance
    Enemy of the State
    Ali
    MIB 1
    MIB 2
    Bad Boys 2
    I Robot
    Sharks Tale
    Hitch
    The Pursuit Of Happyness
    I Am Legend
    SevenPounds

12. tim

tim Senior Member

I am legend is my favourite, followed by Pursuit of Happyness.

Both amazing films.

13. tim

tim Senior Member

oh my dayyss

watched the film last week- so sad. so so sad. Will Smith is probably my favourite and worst actor. His acting is amazing, but he makes you depressed.

14. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button... everyone says it's good

15. tim

tim Senior Member

Never even heard of it!

16. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

17. tim

tim Senior Member

brad pitt? no thanks!

:batman: