Aww thank you! They are mock ups for the same brief I got set. As for my portfolio, I am just starting out and most of my work so far has been pretty fun, I guess that shows, haha. I'm sure as I gain more work it will become more serious I'm sure.You have a lot of fun pieces in your portfolio, but not a lot of serious stuff.
I notice there are two of the same pieces for the The Little Book of Forty Four - are these 2 separate books? Or are they mockups? Samples? It's a bit confusing.
I'm not much on websites, it works, and it's fast, seems good to me.
Thank you for the feedback it is very interesting, it is my 1st site and I am still learning, so this is good. I am working on my branding, and I will definitely sort out the phone site to fix those issues.Hi Ruth, well done for putting together your website. Your work looks very good but there are a couple of things you might want to think about.
1. Who is the site for? If it's for prospective clients you really need to make sure you have your contact details on every page.
2. When I clicked on a portfolio image I expected to go to a page where you explained about the project, who it was for, what you did and so on. These sort of pages are really important for potential clients.
3. The chat box says you are there but I'm still waiting for you to reply.
4. On the homepage you have three bix boxes that I expected to be able to click on but couldn't. This confused me a bit.
5. Look at the site on your phone. Because it uses the hamburger menu there is no visoble link to your portfolio. And the 'Worked with/for thing doesn't work on my iphone. And it doesn't have a sticky header so on a phone there is lots of scrolling.
6. It's wix. Great for hobby sites but verylimiting if this is going to be your main lead generator.
It's all about how you market yourself. Looks OK but it doesn't sell yourself very well.
Is that to do with Wix? Not being found on Google... I have just searched for my site and I did not come up.Your biggest obstacle to progress is going to be Wix. While it provides a simple way to create a site you will become frustrated with it's limitations. Not least because Google thinks you are someone else. I searched for your website and Google suggested I should be looking for rsd-graphicdesign.co.uk.
I completely agree. Wix isn't great for flexibility or seo. A good next step might be looking at something like Squarespace as it's a similar concept to Wix but allows you much greater scope with the important stuff. That being said, the ultimate goal you should be looking towards should be planning a budget to hire a developer.Your biggest obstacle to progress is going to be Wix. While it provides a simple way to create a site you will become frustrated with it's limitations.
Mainly yes. But also because you don't have any indexable content. If you want people to find you when they search on Google you need to use a proper CMS (content management system). This will let you fix the structure, create posts and pages, optimise the content and all all the features needed for a proper business site.Is that to do with Wix?
Hi Ruth, Not bad at all.
Aww thank you for your feedback!Hi Ruth, Not bad at all.
I like the simplicity and the choice of colour. I personally find (#000000) a little harsh on the eyes. Maybe (#0c0c0c) Would look good?
I like the consistency and the various elements included. I think the contact me green section could be formatted a little better.
"Worked with/for" looks awkward positioned to the left and makes the slider underneath look out awkward also.
Try to be consistent with font choices throughout the site. The "About me" and "portfolio" are headers in different fonts.
Keep up the good work.