New Website

jasonwall

Hi everyone, not been on for a while due to me getting re-employed!!

Anyway, as part of my new employment I was tasked with creating their website, I would be very grateful if any of you could take a look and give either good or bad views on it... any help would be gratefully received.

LINK:
Fourth Wall Creative > Welcome

Thanks in advance

Jason

Ralphsaunders - to be honest we hadn't forgot about smaller resolutions - the company wanted a large site and thought viewers with smaller resolutions would 'cmd -' to get it to fit their screens?

ye for me it's too big. needs to be less in width and height I'd say. Image of the cow is too big and text size in most places is also too big, just all big big big :(

Other than that I like the style of the site, it's simple yet original and eye-catching. Just the size for me.

jasonwall said:
Ralphsaunders - to be honest we hadn't forgot about smaller resolutions - the company wanted a large site and thought viewers with smaller resolutions would 'cmd -' to get it to fit their screens?

haha, you would be lucky. It didn't even occur to me. It has to fit a 1024px wide screen.

jasonwall said:
...the company wanted a large site and thought viewers with smaller resolutions would 'cmd -' to get it to fit their screens?

never ever under estimate the stupidity of the end user! i doubt that even a fraction of joe blogs on the net would know that they can adjust the page zoom (feature) of their browser window

If your client wanted that, you should inform them their clients wont want that. Some google analytics should back you up, as I imagine most users don't have 1600px width screens.

(Oh and that doesn't even count account for users who use non-full screen windows...)

Maybe look into media queries or use fluid layouts, but that is just not a good size

surely most people design a web page so it's viewable by the average browser, after all, who wants to adjust their browser every time they view a new page?

ContraStar Designs said:
surely most people design a web page so it's viewable by the average browser, after all, who wants to adjust their browser every time they view a new page?

You would think so.

site makes me feel like i'm being slapped around by it because its so large :eek: also all the pages are images not text.. just a thing i noticed :)

Reminds me of the classic Pink Floyd album 'Atom Heart Mother'.
Bring it on....

Attachments

• AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
    AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6
ralphsaunders said:
haha, you would be lucky. It didn't even occur to me. It has to fit a 1024px wide screen.
It HAS to fit 1024px wide screen? Surely monitors are getting larger and resolutions higher maybe it's just ahead of the game? Seriously tho thanks to all for the comments (mostly saying too big) I may make it a little more flexible in the coming months as it only took 2 days to create.

As for the comment about the text being all images, this is correct as the site is more about the style and control than anything else, but there is HTML text in there and they are being picked up by google keywords.

If there are any more comments out there please don't be bashful give it your all - how am I supposed to learn from mistakes if I don't know what they are?

ipad - 1024 by 768-pixel
netbook average 1024 by 600 pixels
mobile phone - 800 by 480 pixels
average laptop - 1366 by 768 pixels
average desktop - 1680x1050 pixels (20" widescreen) to 1920x1080 (23-24 16:9 widescreen)

what sells the most at the moment desktop or netbook - netbook

Back