new to photoshop, logo, wallpaper.

KieCollins

hello i am new to photoshop and im just wondering what you think of the logo and wallpaper i have made and if anyone can give me any tips cheers :) any feedback is appreciated

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 13
Logos shouldn't be made in photoshop - they should be made in a vector package like illustrator/affinity designer/inkscape etc.

Wallpapers are personal, if you like it then good.

They look fine. I prefer the first one but the GFK is getting a bit illegible. That top font is awful though - I wouldn't have known what it said
if I didn't see your name on the left.

Logos shouldn't be made in photoshop - they should be made in a vector package like illustrator/affinity designer/inkscape etc.

Wallpapers are personal, if you like it then good.

Ahh okay thanks for the feedback, im just wondering why they shouldnt be made in photoshop?

They look fine. I prefer the first one but the GFK is getting a bit illegible. That top font is awful though - I wouldn't have known what it said
if I didn't see your name on the left.

Yeah it is pretty shit tbh, have you got any links that could b uselful for me to follow? or any good fonts i should download, cheers fella.

Photoshop produces raster images (unless using vector masks, shapes and text layers and saving to PDF)

Illustrator/Designer/Inkscape etc. produce vectors
http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.uk/threads/raster-images-vs-vector-images-an-explanation.19/
Photoshop produces raster images (unless using vector masks, shapes and text layers and saving to PDF)

Illustrator/Designer/Inkscape etc. produce vectors
http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.uk/threads/raster-images-vs-vector-images-an-explanation.19/

ahh it makes sense now, is illusstrater hard to learn if you already know the basics of PS? sorry for all the questions am just a noob man

Pen tool is key for me.

You can do courses online with Lynda.com - there's a free month trial when you sign up.

Of course there are plenty of youtube channels out there. But - I wouldn't recommend them as I wouldn't know who the users are who posted them. And a lot I have seen recommend bad working practices. And there's no point in getting into bad habits. Bad habits cost your client time and money, and most importantly when it goes wrong it will cost you money.

Lynda.com have reputable top of their field presenters and reliable courses to learn the right way.

Of course there are plenty of youtube channels out there. But - I wouldn't recommend them as I wouldn't know who the users are who posted them. And a lot I have seen recommend bad working practices. And there's no point in getting into bad habits. Bad habits cost your client time and money, and most importantly when it goes wrong it will cost you money.

Lynda.com have reputable top of their field presenters and reliable courses to learn the right way.

yeah yeah i understand, how long did it take you to learn illustrater/photshop? i know you have probably been doing it years. im looking at having a little side buisness like creating buisness cards/logos/ etc. it may not work out but its something i am defianlty intesrested in!

I did a 6 month full time course, then a 4 year apprenticeship.
If you are working full time and don't know it in 2 years then you probably won't make it.
I didn't have the same resources as people have now - the internet wasn't invented when I was learning.

I'd say if you don't have the basics in 3 months, the intermediate stuff in 3 months and the advanced stuff in 6 months - it should all in all be a year.

And knowing software isn't going to be helpful when it comes to printing. You will need to know the difference and workings of litho/flexo/screen/digital/embroidery and how to setup for each. How and when to use spot colours, including neons/golds/silvers etc. how to setup spot uvs, keylines, and other things.

And that's just the basics of printing, there's trimming, folding, creep, spine widths, oversized folders, clothing printing, newspaper print, magazine print, high-end print, scanning, photography, photo manipulation... the list goes on.

Yes anyone can use software... but you really should do at least a year at a proper print place.

Back