New to Mini-Site Design

Okay so I've recently begun attempting to improve my standard HTML/CSS design (too much wordpress lately...blah!) and have been trying to learn how to create effective "mini-site" designs. This is my first particularly "in depth" attempt, and so any resources, critique, thoughts, reminders, whatever you want to post is chill with me. HONESTY please. Even if you think it totally sucks, haha. :)

Get More Blog Comments - You Click, You Comment Challenge

Thanks for taking the time to help me out! :up:

You really need to establish hierarchy with your text. First your body text does not need to be that big at all, and also your heading text is the same size as the body it could confuses users into not knowing what to read first. Make the headings stand out more consider different colors as well as sizes Also I wouldn't keep your body text justified it creates really awkward spacing in between words and also makes everything just look like a giant block. You could also shrink the download button, I know you want to grab peoples attention, but its just way to big, and lastly just change the color of your footer bar because the red you have right now doesn't go with anything on the site.

How did you look at the top banner and think.."yea that will be fine...even if it is at 200%" ;)

D'oh, it says 'USA' as location—I was actually going on the stereotypically American way of advertising…

@jHouse

I actually dunno how it got bigger. It looked fine before but I guess the header divider is stretching it out?

Harry said:
D'oh, it says 'USA' as location—I was actually going on the stereotypically American way of advertising…

...stereotypical?

Thanks for the input guys. I'll try and tone everything down. :up:

American advertising is very direct, hard to explain unless you actually know it already—which then means explaining it is pointless lol.

everythings too big and too "lets pretend we're coperate" also reminds me of those ebay items that promise to make you millions for just $1. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

br3n said:
everythings too big and too "lets pretend we're coperate" also reminds me of those ebay items that promise to make you millions for just $1. Back to the drawing board me thinks.

Yeah spot on. That's what I should have said lol.

br3n said:

Alrighty. I'll try and come up with something "less american," or rather, less direct and pushing the limits. Thanks for the tips everybody! :up:

Back