NEW Technology to Drastically Improve Image Quality

albertoneuran

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing with you the application I'm developing together with my team. Its name is Neuran.
It uses Artificial Intelligence to remove JPEG compression and it can also increase image resolution up to 4x without losing detail.

You can try it completely for free on our website.
We're working really hard on it and I would like to know what people think about our work, so any comment would be really appreciated :giggle:

Here's an article about Neuran.

You are forcing me to sign up for newsletters to test the application. That's not good marketing.

PS: It's not AI.

PPS: If you want people to do a trial it needs to happen in seconds not 24 hours. It needs to be automated. Because I have to wait I'm not going to join your kickstarter or bother to return to the site.

You are forcing me to sign up for newsletters to test the application. That's not good marketing.

PS: It's not AI.

PPS: If you want people to do a trial it needs to happen in seconds not 24 hours. It needs to be automated. Because I have to wait I'm not going to join your kickstarter or bother to return to the site.

To be precise, it's Machine Learning, a subset of AI.

I accept your critique but, for now, we don't have the possibility to implement an automatic tool. This will be done after the Kickstarter campaign.
You don't have to return to the website since the result will be sent to you by email.

Just received my image.

The original was 534Kb. The enhanced version is 13.1Mb.

That's a ginormous increase in size. If I had a bunch of images to decompress my inbox would implode!

Just received my image.

The original was 534Kb. The enhanced version is 13.1Mb.

That's a ginormous increase in size. If I had a bunch of images to decompress my inbox would implode!

We have enlarged it, not decompressed, since the original version you provided us was not jpeg-compressed (edit: it was in jpeg format, but this doesn't mean it is compressed).
The image you received is 16 times bigger (4x per side) than the original one.

Original image: 1024x768
Enlarged image: 4096x3072

There's a very big difference to remove jpeg compression, which are known as artifacts, compared to enlarging an image. They are not the same thing.

I can already enlarge my images to whatever size I want, in Photoshop, or anything else using various methods. But that is not removing the jpeg artifacts.

I just want a bit more clarification on the process. If you're upsampling the images using interpolation methods, then it's not the same as removing artifacts.

There's a very big difference to remove jpeg compression, which are known as artifacts, compared to enlarging an image. They are not the same thing.

I can already enlarge my images to whatever size I want, in Photoshop, or anything else using various methods. But that is not removing the jpeg artifacts.

I just want a bit more clarification on the process. If you're upsampling the images using interpolation methods, then it's not the same as removing artifacts.

I know there is a big difference between them. When you try our service you can choose one between:
  • Compression artifacts removal
  • Image enlarging 4x
For both of them, we use Machine Learning to predict the missing detail. Results are generally better than more traditional interpolation, for what concerns enlarging.
For JPEG compression artifacts, we use a completely new technique that really does miracles, trust me.

I know there is a big difference between them. When you try our service you can choose one between:
  • Image enlarging 4x
For both of them, we use Machine Learning to predict the missing detail. Results are generally better than more traditional interpolation, for what concerns enlarging.
For JPEG compression artifacts, we use a completely new technique that really does miracles, trust me.

Can you post examples of before and after?

I found this online - haven't used it yet - https://www.imageenlarger.com/
However, I can and have enlarged web images using interpolation methods of my own to be used for building wraps - so I do know what I'm doing too.

I'm just curious, I'm not doubting your machine learning algorithms, I applaud them!
I just want you to tell me in this thread, without me having to leave the thread, why I should use it - provide examples, talk about how your technology works - tell us about the before and after - and even include traditional interpolation examples and why yours is better.

I'm curious and look forward to reading more about it - but I don't want to leave this thread. I don't want to give out my email address to a website I don't know to get the picture... you get it?

If someone wants to upload a photo that you can't find online, maybe of their garden or something and post it as a compressed jpeg ... I'd love to see the results.

Hi everyone,

I'm sharing with you the application I'm developing together with my team. Its name is Neuran.
It uses Artificial Intelligence to remove JPEG compression and it can also increase image resolution up to 4x without losing detail.

You can try it completely for free on our website.
We're working really hard on it and I would like to know what people think about our work, so any comment would be really appreciated :giggle:

Here's an article about Neuran.

Thanks for sharing this! Very impressive!

Let me show it better.

This is, in my opinion, our most innovative feature. It removes most of the JPEG compression artifacts and it does it perfectly. As an example, I took this image and I saved it in the lowest quality (the highest compression). Then I improved its quality using Neuran. This is the result:

Of course, the resulting image is more smooth than the original, but that's because some detail has gone lost forever. The result is still impressing.
Issue: If the picture, after being compressed, is then edited with other software or resized, the JPEG pattern is lost and Neuran could be no longer able to detect and remove it.

• Image enlarging
We trained our software using tons of real-world images, so it can recognize and recreate real-world features better than any interpolation formula. Neuran can increase the resolution up to 4x the original one. Here's an example: I downloaded this image and downscaled it 4 times. I'm showing you a detail, just to make the before-after improvement more noticeable.

The pixels were joined together to reconstruct the plumage pattern.
Issue: If an image is blurry or noisy, or it has other imperfections, they are enlarged together with the image, so the final result could be not wonderful.

We are working hard to solve these issues and I'm sure we will solve them before the launch of our product.

I think your site needs testing - but I don't want to sign up - perhaps you could have a free version for testing, that outputs the jpeg artifact images at smaller than the original size.

Other than that - it looks good, I wouldn't be able to tell though if you had a good image, then added the artifacts afterwards - or what.

Would like to try it - but don't want to give up my email address.

Back