New Site

13faces

Howdy,

Seems like an age ago that I posted anything on this forumn, although I do still keep tabs.

Anyway, for the first time I have actually made a website from scratch, but as I am not a coder wondered if anyone could help me out and take a look at it. Im sure it is an absolute mess.

+ I cant get google analytics to work ....
but the dead link is ment to be.

Vanya Beloborodov +44 (0)7815-906-243

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone
any feedback welcome
Cheers

Vanya xxx

Visually it's very nice aside from the links at the bottom being sliced in half on my resolution (1366x768). You might want to either bring them above "the page fold" or put them below

As far as the code is concerned

you have a paragraph on line 88 that never closes

Code:
<p><strong>VANYA <br>           BELOBORODOV</strong><br>

there's no </p> anywhere until the next <p>, might want to sort that :)

you have a redundant <div align="center"> on line 127. Simply change
Code:
#apDiv1 {	width:800px;	height:auto;	margin-left: 10px;	margin-right: 10px;	margin-top: 58px;	margin-bottom: 80px;}

To

Code:
#apDiv1 {	width:800px;	height:auto;	margin-left: 10px;	margin-right: 10px;	margin-top: 58px;	margin-bottom: 80px;        text-align: center;}

Also you can set two selectors at the same time in css if they have the same properties, instead of using

Code:
a:active {	text-decoration: none;	color: #333;} a:visited {	text-decoration: none;	color: #333;}

you can cut it down to

Code:
a:active, a:visited {	text-decoration: none;	color: #333;}

and you need to set a doctype before your <html> tag

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"	"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

and a character set somewhere between <head> and </head>

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

From a search engine point of view, you might want to include some search phrases into your keywords. So aswell as hackney, have something like hackney art director, hackney print designer. you get the idea

Analytics may not work because you have not set the doctype and have /> in your meta

Code:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="vhzeGwHHS185j9o39LV_8L4fUX4v41G2IrN4djTJSlw" />

I'd remove it even with the doctype personally, it's redundant with meta tags.

replace
Code:
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0">

with just
Code:
<body>

and add

Code:
margin: 0px;
into your body selector in your CSS

Finally

EWWWWWWWW TABLES!

That's all i could spot

Well, Jim, you pointed out far more errors than I did, but I wasnt going to search all the code for all of them haha

As I said in the Coding version of this thread, you should keep your css in a stylesheet and get rid of the tables!

Tables are the demons of the development world :(

Magma said:
Well, Jim, you pointed out far more errors than I did, but I wasnt going to search all the code for all of them haha

As I said in the Coding version of this thread, you should keep your css in a stylesheet and get rid of the tables!

Tables are the demons of the development world :(

The devil is in the details ;)

Back