New Site Launched

Harry said:
Have you started implementing any of the feedback yet?
I've given the footer more padding which seemed cramped to me. We're not going to widen the width as I feel it would be more hassle than its worth, practically a whole re-design that would take quite a while to tweak and test. I'm quite happy with the width as it is, although agree that more width is a viable option and may improve things.

Regarding 4 columns that seems like overkill personally and I don't think it would help the viewers know where to look.

I agree with Tim our 'brand' is very weak, the logo being the main downfall of that. We offer logo design as a side-service but having tried to brand our business before I really struggled. We should probably consider paying someone else to brand us but we just wanted to get the site out there as our previous one was dreadful.

The font is Cambria, if you have it on your PC / Mac, otherwise it goes to Georgia. The font is widely used throughout the site and possibly over-done but we're just trying to keep the rhythm of the site constant throughout the site.

Stept is a bit out-dated as Levi says, I'll change that as some people will think it's a typo.

The shade of blue used was a bit trial and error if I'm honest, it isn't fantastic but it was an improvement on the other iterations.

No need to apologise about expressing your valid opinion though Levi. We put a bit of shading (gradients) onto the image placed in the laptop but didn't really know how else to achieve a realistic view. It's hard to judge a site you've been looking at constantly for a few weeks but we thought it looked alright, although on second look it does stand out ever so slightly.

Regarding it being too dark I'm going to draw up a light version of the site in the next few days and we may revamp the site in that way.

I don't think extending the nav to be full width would work at all personally.

I agree the sight is cluttered, especially on the main page with the 'standard solution' and the recent projects. I'll have a look at that and try and work out a better layout.

All crit is welcome and appreciated. Fresh eyes are always helpful, as mine certainly aren't fresh!

Still a few code tweaks though, such as <div class="quote">, they shouldn't take you too long though :)

Fred, try doing a subtle white to grey (10% opacity say) gradient over the screen layer - top right diagonally to bottom left. Then I would say soft light (might need to try that others though) might give the best effect.

I think that would give a better finish, personally I always try to knock down an overlayed image layer by about 10% opacity to bring some of the lighting through but I suspect there's a background underneath on yours.

And I know how you feel about both the branding and the website design, I've got the same issue with my business cards/letterheads etc in relation to my rebranding :(

I've made a small tweak as suggested Levi, not a massive change but not sure what else to do with it :D

Followed your guidelines to an extent.

Good luck with the update on your site.

thats better than the original by a long shot :)

I'll get there with my site etc, I'm taking a small break from everything while I turn into a lobster (boiled alive) due to the heat :)

Back