New site design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Hello,

I am looking for a web designer for a site I'm wanting to build.

The site will be a ski/snowboard information portal.

I will need;
website header/logo
homepage design
wordpress theme design
simple machines forum theme design

and possibly a couple of other pages.

I would like the design to be clean, simple and modern. The site is for skiers/snowboarders so a designer with experience in this industry would be a bonus.

The build will be done by myself and partner.

If there are any designers who think they fit the bill please get in touch so we can discuss!

Thanks
:)

Hi there,

Welcome to Design Forums, is the work just for the design, or the coding/development too? As you can appreciate we have designers & developers from all career points and experience levels, so if you can give some indication as to the budget for this work you'll get a much better response from the community :)

Thanks,
Greg

Thanks - as said the build (coding/development) will be done by myself.

I'd prefer to discuss the budget after finding a possible designer.

Cheers
:)

Sorry I missed that line in the opening post, so you would be after designs provided in PSD format?

No problems, plenty of potential designers here, just not sure how many will be interested without knowing an approximate budget for the work, but best of luck with the project :up:

Cool, and not being picky, just I know from experience of these threads in the past, that the ones that set an outline budget tend to get more replies and as a result have a better chance of finding someone suitable. I'm sure you'll have some interest though.

sasquatch said:
Ok - a guide budget; £20 - £25 / hour

So how long is a piece of string? Well at least you have the consideration to post a budget, which most never do. It's still a hard one to call.

As Sas has named his price I would suggest if this is to project is to fly, DF members PM Sas with links to relevant work or examples so he can appoint an have appropriate dialogue on strength of submissions. Kinda sorts the wheat from the chaff.
Good luck everyone.

sasquatch said:
Yes PSD

Must be nice to be picky about work in this climate ;)

Oops! missed this one;)
Good talent can afford to be picky, even in this climate. We are only as good as our last job. Anyone can do average, some can do good, but not many do great. Do you want Good or Great? It's not about picky it's about quality. Anyone can do cheap.

It was a general comment on all jobs - not just designers.

Good talent can afford to be picky, even in this climate.

Try telling that to the 1000's of talented people losing jobs in the UK due to a recession, not lack of talent.

This business has always been full of average under-talented people who were not as good as they thought they were. I'm all for cleansing the lot of them. Out of every recession comes opportunity, don't be a judge of talent unless you have either created them or employed them. Circumstance can create harsh situations, but if you're 'creative' you will adapt and survive. The recession is not an excuse to hide behind average ability.

This is a whole new thread in itself: I would suggest that you don't open a door you can't close, or if you do want to keep it open then a new thread would be welcome.

I'm really interested in this, Love working on action sports material and would definately like something like this in my portfolio.

PM sent with price & terms.

I think you would do a good job on this one Brendan, certainly in tune with some of your portfolio.
Good luck

I see your point Berry - not a can of worms I want to open though!

Brendan - looks like you would be great for the work, I've sent you a PM.

Thread closed :)

Good to hear you've found Bren, as others have already said I'm sure his style will fet really well with this project, look forward to seeing the end results of this project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back