Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Series of the Apprentice

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

So who's going to be watching the new series of The Apprentice starting tonight?
    Apparently the first episode is in Margate!!! I remember seeing a film crew down the seafront back at the end of last Summer, going to be watching closely to see if I can spot myself in the background! lol :D
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

i'll be watching it :) never miss an episode, it's hilarious!
  3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Definitely watching it. It's top class entertainment. Especially when someone makes a fool out of themselves and gets slagged off by Sir Alan :)
  4. berry

berry Active Member

No, would rather bite my nipple off. Too obvious now.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

the silly thing is, if you look at the ad (where sir alan points are says "you're fired"), you can tell who is gonna get fired when the final three sit down!

you can tell whether he points left, right, or straight infront!
  6. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Also, Gossip Girl is on.
  7. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Watching it now. Hate to say it but it's always just the same.
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah, today's been crap.
  9. I think that the whole concept of "the apprentice" is a bit boring in my opinion.. I used to watch the american one with Donald Trump.. it was only worth watching for Donald Trump.. the rest was crap.
  10. Gaz

Gaz Member

Yeh pretty similar. I jus tlike seeing some of the design and creative tasks im also attracted to the business aspect. The show itself is a bit dramatic and boring.
  11. darren

darren Member

Same, its like Big Brother. The first series it was an amazing new concept with elements of behavioural science and psychology, and I dare not miss an episode. The second series I probably seen half of it. As for the rest, I dont think I have seen anything more than random advertising.

There are better things to do than watch something rehashed. You even start to spot the desperation in getting rankings with some of the changes that are made since last season as it becomes more and more the wrong shape.
  12. berry

berry Active Member

I agree, it's all too formulated and just like BB the contestants have cottoned on the game, and know that controversy and strong minded individuals are what the public want to see. It's all car crash TV.
    Even X factor is on it's last legs. I wish someone would kill of reality TV and start creating good programmes that have scripts, good writing and ideas instead of watching idiots cock up things.
  13. Adam

Adam Senior Member

It\s unrealistic too, i mean that car place with classic cars that let a group of women clean them for what like £30 each car? Its ridiculous, just because there was a camera crew they let them do it.
    What a mess they made of it too....

Then again the men didn't do much better, leaving cloth fluff, doors open whilst jet washing and not cleaning the roof. Can tell they're all rich daddies boys who have never cleaned a car in their lives.
  14. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I never get tired of watching people cock up things :D. I agree that it's car crash TV and completely mindless entertainment, but sometimes that's exactly what I need after a long day. And those types of programs always make you feel better about yourself cause the people on them are mostly twats :). I'm a sad bastard I know :D

@Greg: Looks like we're the only people here who still likes The Apprentice :D
  15. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

You been watching Heston Blooomingtall again Berry?
  16. Gaz

Gaz Member

It can make you feel better about yourself actually lol. It's obviosuly a show for dramatic perposes because if they picked real candidates that would be actually good at it then there would be no entertainment. The people on it are arrogant and think they are much more clever than they actually are. Sir Alan probably hates the idea himself, it's contradictive to alot of his actions. Still watch it though lol.
  17. berry

berry Active Member

...So does watching the News and reading about hurricanes wiping out towns and villages.

It's a shame that society has levelled us to measuring our own personal worth and value by the misfortunes or actions of others. This is face of the disposable society that we live in. Laugh while others cry
  18. I would mention Jade Goody as being a perfect example of why Reality TV is terrible, but that might be considered bad taste
  19. tim

tim Senior Member

@chrismitchell: lol - you kinda just did :p

BB is good until people get obsessed by it and idolise the people on it. they are fcked up, why would you care?!
  20. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I don't think you can compare natural disasters and human misfortune with someone cocking up on a gameshow that they've signed up for themselves.

I would never feel better about myself from watching a village get wiped out or similar horrible things. Stuff like that makes me feel very bad and over privileged.

But I think it's ok to laugh a bit at people like the latest Apprentice contestant who said she was exceptional and basically a genius, but failed to understand the very basics of business.

People have always laughed at other peoples misfortune. Look at old comedy like Laurel and Hardy where they just fall on their arse all the time, and people thought it was hilarious.