New Project Management Tool

Dave1975

Hey guys,

Just found a new online project management tool that looks pretty cool, it's called Action Method and is by the Behance network, the features and approach look pretty unique.

Here's the review of it at TechCrunch
Has anyone had chance to try it out yet?

Greg

This looks good Greg.

I've been looking for something like this so I might give it a blast later today see whats its like.

Cool, I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get chance (ironic isn't it, that this tool could potentially help me create more time!). Let us know how it goes Lee would be great to read some feedback on it, from a first look it actually looks very promising...
Greg

Looks good - had a quick go and it doesn't feel as effective as Basecamp. It's more task orientated than project orientated - that's the point for this product, but I don't think I'll be making a change just yet!

We pay for the top package of Basecamp and get everything we need and more - great stuff. Would be nice to have a slick interface like AMO of course, but that's the designer in me ;)

Thanks for posting your feedback Alex, interesting to hear how it compares to Basecamp, how does it matchup price wise? with the package you have at Basecamp?

Greg,

I lied, we're on the middle plan not the big one! AMO is much better on the wallet though, coming in atabout £6 a month, whilst we're paying £25 with BC.

Alex

Greg said:
Just seen a link to this tool on a web business blog I follow, looks like there's more competition for online time management tools - RescueTime | Time Management for Individuals (Product Tour)

Thats a good find Greg.

Don't anybody right off Google Apps though. I've been using Google Notebooks for a few months fo grabing bits of text and adding notes to on the fly. But about a week ago I started looking at other bits and pieces on there like labels/tags and different Notebooks for different subjects.

You can also link to Notebooks, comments on specific notes and add people (i.e. clients, people you're working with). This coupled with Docs, Calender, Gmail and some of the Labs stuff then you can make up a collection of services you can use to manage your projects online.

Just my 2cents though.

Back