Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Poster, New Site

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Astbury Green, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Astbury Green

Astbury Green Junior Member

Hi All,

I'd welcome feedback on my new website; design style, how easy it is to use (or not) and/or general comments please?

It is www.astburygreen.co.uk a site offering original art by UK artists

Thanks

2. DWildish

DWildish Member

blank

3. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

I'd say it's not quite finished. It could look really nice, but it needs a little more work!

4. wac

wac Senior Member

I think the header image should match your content wrapper or stretch the entire screen, it looks a little out of place otherwise. Also you need a favicon. Other than that I would say that the design is well suited to your business.

5. Matt_Harrison

Matt_Harrison Junior Member

I would say the header/banner are is too tall and spacious and then the content beneath is too cramped. Look at getting the header on to a single line by eradicating the whitespace above the logo then open up the content by using some padding and playing with line-height.

Also you don't need your company name twice in the top few hundred pixels.

6. Matt_Harrison

Matt_Harrison Junior Member

Maybe employ a grid because you're using some modular elements here. Look at the 960 grid perhaps?

Also, you have inconsistent capitalisation in your footer: 'Privacy Policy' and 'Terms and conditions'.

In strict typographical terms there's no reason to capitalise anything but the first letter. I know many people do though these days so I guess it's acceptable. But you should be at least consistent.

7. tim

tim Senior Member

i do like it, it's got a nice colour scheme and i think the type of product you're selling is appropriate to the design.

but i do think it feels way too much like a template, like your own stuff has just been dropped in to place rather than thought out.

think about the customer flow. why would they want to scroll down and read? how will they see your offers in the right-hand sidebar?

8. welcome to the forum :)