New Portfolio Website

mark165

I've created my new website to house my online portfolio:

Mark Goodyear Freelance Graphic Designer

I've had quite positive feedback so far, but I'm sure there's more constructive criticism out there!

It's all fully coded and designed by me. It also became a big learning tool too, learning to erase my use of tables, and bring in a full div/css layout.

Comments on both the design, and my actual portfolio welcome :)

love the white space but maybe a little too much of a margin between sections.

i think the fact there's a LOT of white space doesn't help convey the fact that you're a good designer, it just feels like an empty, unfinished portfolio to the untrained eye.

also, instead of clicking the navigation i feel i automatically should scroll, so the navigation therefore doesnt work for me...

but defo on the right lines :)

Tim

Thats what i was kind of aiming for really... something that shouted "this is me, and heres what i do".

I'm actually considering a multipage version, probably keep the style, just seperate the pages.

The auto scroll is more of a miss than a hit with people too, multipage will eliminate that, and should also help with SEO, so i've been told. I'm not in any rush to do this, so it could be a week, a month, or a couple of months, but i'll be sure to post it when it's done!

Hi Mark,

I think it is a lovely looking website and does what you want it to do. I'm please to hear you are looking to go with a multipage site. It will look and feel a lot better and a lot more professional compared to the single page approach.

Unfortunately I'm with Tim and Oz, I think there is a little too much white (although this should be resolved if you go to a multipage site) and the text is a little too big. Maybe use a big intro and smaller text. Potential customers will be looking at what you can do not big bangs!

Your work is excellent and your portfolio catches the eye immediately (after the text). Let your portfolio make the loud 'here I am' rather than the text...just my thoughs anyway!!

Hope this helps

Your work is excellent and your portfolio catches the eye immediately (after the text). Let your portfolio make the loud 'here I am' rather than the text...just my thoughs anyway!!

Thank you for the comment!

With a multi-page site, i would most likely use an image slider of my favorite/best pieces from my portfolio on the front page. This could hopefully capture the portfolio making the "here I am" rather than the text.

I'm happy about all the positive feedback, so i shall try keep to the general layout as much as possible when converting to a 3 page site.

Back