New portfolio website - feedback please

The images disappear a few seconds after loading. It's impossible to view your layout! Why are you using all those java scripts anyway? :confused:

Use java only when it’s strictly necessary to increase cross-browser compatibility.

What editor are you using?

It looks really nice - something is wrong with how you have your titles setup in your html. If you rollover your thumbnails it displays some html.

WEBIAN said:
The images disappear a few seconds after loading. It's impossible to view your layout! Why are you using all those java scripts anyway? :confused:

Use java only when it’s strictly necessary to increase cross-browser compatibility.

What editor are you using?

I did point out in my post that the site has issues using IE.....try a better browser such as chrome, firefox or safari?!:confused:

Its a portfolio/playground where I can experiment with different ideas. I am fully aware of the accessibility/usability and optimisation limits of including java, however for the time being I am chosing to ignore those while I experiment.

Editor: Dreamweaver/notepad

nolgeordie said:
Looks good in firefox and safari. Really like the site and your work - good stuff! "Oh I hate IE"

Thank you!:D

richimgd said:
It looks really nice - something is wrong with how you have your titles setup in your html. If you rollover your thumbnails it displays some html.

Thanks, I noticed this aswell. It's for the lightbox description...shall find a way around that!:)

dedwardp said:
I think it's lovely - really sleek and modern and working perfectly in Chrome. Love it!

Thank you!:D

Looks very nice. Stylish, creative, sleek. Like how the nav follows you as you scroll down.

One thing to mention though is the tooltip shows html markup (eg. '<h2>within us</h2><br /><br />2010'), takes away from the professional edge.

Alex L said:
Java != JavaScript
This. They're two very different languages.

Javascript is fine, and ignoring IE is fine, so long as you've analyzed your statistics and can afford to. I have about 3-5% IE visitors, and very few of those are IE6 or 7 so I just don't optimize for them. Most people viewing my site use Chrome.

Anyway, your portfolio looks great. I like it a lot. There is kind of this melding between "portfolio content" and "other content" which is throwing me off. Things like "listening to" and your Facebook like button are not as important as your work, so I don't think it should be in the same area as your work? That's just how I feel.

Back