New portfolio - feedback wanted

Seems pretty solid.

I'd try and work on that left nav a bit to help clean up some things:
- Try adding a little padding to the top and bottoms of the entries
- A little more variation between the nav elements and their subnavs. Maybe make the subnav a light grey?
- The rollovers bg's are making the black text a little hard to read, maybe make the color #fff on hover

Good stuff man. Hope that helps.

Hi Paul,

Love your typefaces, remember seeing them when you first joined DF but thought I'd mention it again :)

Looking at the site I agree with the comments thoughtandtheory made above, just to add my suggestions, I would look at making the overall text size slightly larger, and make the page numbers and Next / Prev links stand out a bit more, as I would worry that users may miss those links and in turn miss a lot of your work. One other thing I noticed was the sub-menu links for Typography didn't work for me, I found the typefaces listed in the sub nav from clicking Next links from Arcadia.

HTH
Greg

Cheers greg, the typography isnt meant to be a series of links its just a list of the work contained within that part of the page, but tbh i may just remove that part.

Ahh yes I see that's the same for all the work sections now :)
I think it's as it had the rollover on the sub-titles it made me think they should be clickable links to skip to those projects/sections.

yeah sadly i bought the domain name a good few years back when i was still a little naive, so i do regret having that domain name now. How ever i shall probably soon move over to something shorter.

Hehe, Typogridphy is all me :) How you finding it? I've sort of left it on the side recently.

Harry

yeah im finding it really easy to use, its been a big help thanks for sharing it! I hope i haven't butchered your code to much

Okay i had a few posts up last week, but i have redone the navigation and page layout of my site so i could do with some critique on this new layout. Any comments would be helpful.

Really like the new layout Paul, and having varying layouts for the different page content adds further interest to the site without detracting from the interest if your work, good job :)

Only couple of small points I would mention are the spacing between the 'Graphic Design, Illustration' and the 'Typography & Stuff' on the homepage looks a bit too far apart to me and takes away the impact of the title as it could almost be 2 titles, although that may just be a CSS/browser issue? It might be a nice idea to have that as an image so you can set the spacing exactly as you need it and maybe even use one of your own typefaces? Kraken, Squiggles or Unremitting might look quite cool?

Only other small thing was the Squiggles image on the homepage flashes when you rollover the box, the others are fine just that one seems to flash (in FF) I'm guessing that's down to the kwick JS rather than the image or your coding though.

HTH
Greg

PS- Loving the room to swing a cat!
That's a perfect mini page for a site like stumble upon or digg!! :D

Yeah i think the flashing image is to do with the kwick js. I will try and fix it if i can, i'll also make the main title's leading a bit smaller i think your right. It isnt a browser/css issue, i've set the spacing in the css. I might chuck up my own text there, could be fun :]

cheers for all the feedback.

PS - the cat swinging was really fun to do, i didn't swing a real cat but i did use a stuffed cat to test my theory and it seemed to work!

Back