New Portfolio/Blog Site Live

Greg said:
@Harry - Thanks for the feedback, will definitely get that issue resolved as soon as I get the chance, try to avoid using images for navigation in general for the reasons you mentioned, but as I wanted to set the type I had to go with it. Not seen the techniques you linked to before, they look really useful & good to see the Harry Roberts method :D

Hehe, the Harry Roberts method... egotistical much? But yeah, the custom type certainly looks good, I don't think system text would work at all.

Kudosis said:
Also thanks for that post Harry, invaluable information already brought to the forum! :D
I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my current re-design, i'm also having to use images for the nav due to wanting to set my own type. Might rethink it now though.

You're welcome, glad to be of assistance. I think using images for the navigation will be fine, as long as you have a fall back (ie suitable image replacement), so I wouldn't necessarily rethink it.

Hi Greg,

Loving the new look. Good colour scheme and nice use of the 'g' as the logo. My only comment... The left side of the site seems to be a little over-powering, detracting away from the content on the right a little. Reducing the left column or adding a touch more white space would probably put it right.

Overall, Good Job!

Got the new background image up and running, also removed the 'Powered by Wordpress' bit from the footer, hopefully that's a couple of small improvements. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Next up the image replacements :)
Thanks, Greg

Back