New Netflix branding

wac

Netflix have tweaked their brand a little.

combine_images.jpg

The new one is on the left and it's a little less striking in my view but otherwise it seems like a fairly unremarkable adjustment.

Is this new? Thought I saw something about their branding a few weeks back, but it was pretty much their current design minus the drop shadow and it was all black. Can't say am a fan. I like the old one.

I don't know why but I find the new one trickier to read - maybe it's because with the drop shadow and red background on the old one it looked more recognisable so only had to read it the once, then knew exactly what said every time.

The new one will take some getting used to I guess!

My Android and iPad app updated today. I have the new branding. :(

It's not even the red logo on that grey background, the app is all black?!

I'm pretty indifferent on this one.

I think it needed a little tweaking (not sure if this one was the right move) but sometimes I feel that brads feel the need to 're-brand' just because it's the cool thing to do these days.

Alex Gilmore said:

I think it needed a little tweaking (not sure if this one was the right move) but sometimes I feel that brads feel the need to 're-brand' just because it's the cool thing to do these days.
Whatever keeps us designers in fixies and tattoos is good with me.

Oh, it's the best when an important logo is designed or re-designed.

It's perfect topical conversations for us.. think to the london 2012 logo, or the yahoo re-design. All good fun to chat about.

I like the old Netfix logo better. It has a more "cinema" feel about it. They've changed the top bar in their website from dark to light too and it just isn't as exciting anymore. Feels too sterile.

Alex Gilmore said:

Me too!
I can be the only one to thinks like this, but for me, both are bad. This brand bothers me since I first saw... But anyway, indifferent between both.

I prefer the red logo on light bg, as opposed to what they're shoving down my throat when I use their app. In fact I don't like their app design. The old design was way nicer.

Back