Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New net rules set to make cookies crumble

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Mar 8, 2011.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

I can't see how they would even begin to try and put this into practice!
    However further reading makes me think it's just going to become a required part of website disclaimers to state their use of cookies:

WEBIAN Senior Member

The article sounds a bit extreme, but in many ways it is reasonable to put a limit on the amount and type of data web companies collect from internet users.

How would you feel if you went to a pub with your mates and the landlord put a mic on your table to recorded your conversation. Then asked for your passport and said “Don’t worry. I will only share that with reputable pub landlords and it will only be for research purposes”.

Would that be ok for you? It may seem strange, but that is what the internet is like. Company spies on people’s every movement. There is the need for some regulations, on the other hand, these shouldn’t be so tight.
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

What a great description!

WEBIAN Senior Member

Interesting. Let's see how it goes. Anyway, a cookie block is enough. There is no need for extra dialogue boxes.