Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Moon

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by sarah, Nov 20, 2009.

1. sarah

sarah Member

Anyone going to see it this weekend?

Had my ticket booked weeks ago...7 hours to go woop woop

(i;m sad..i know...Tim and Berry shhhhhhh)

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

The girlfriend will definitely drag me along, then will say how much she loved it, but didnt compare to the books, blah blah :p hahah

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

The girlfriend is booked to see it... with her friends! :D
    As soon as I heard about the first book/film I made a commitment to never see/read any of them, so far, so good.

4. good on ya Greg :lol: :) fortunately for me my other half doesn't have any interest in any of the books / films etc :D

5. Becky

Becky Member

Can't possibly be any worse than the first film, they besmirch the books!

6. berry

berry Active Member

Me thinks a Robert Pattinson fan

7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I'll give it a miss.

Still getting over that Jonas Brothers carry on...I need a brandy.

8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Dont have a girlfriend :( wont be going...what is it anyway never heard of it before..Is it a sequel to twilight? Maybe? I think lol...

9. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I have absolutely no-idea what "new moon" is (from this thread I've gathered its something at the cinema) - to begin with when I saw the tread I thought it referred to a "new moon" in the calendar month, which I thought was a strange thing to be getting excited about...

hmmmmmm... based on some of the posts I think stick with my ignorance

10. Ette Taylor

Ette Taylor Junior Member

Yay a Twlight fan!! You lot dont know what your missing..The films are even more popular than Harry Potter.. I have to wait another two weeks to see it with my friends..Whats your review so far...

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

my understanding of twilight saga is, I saw the film, I want that 2 hours of my life back, if you are or have ever been a 15 year old girl you will love it.

I was promised vampires, instead I got sparkly skin and a (teenage pukeathon) love story.

12. sarah

sarah Member

well i loved it :(

13. each to their own when it comes to twilight :)

14. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

HAHA! we are in the same boat mate! Whoop!

15. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

what's the FUSS all about? the movie is a complete GARBAGE..........the world is going so down:(

16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Watched it last night, was pretty alright...
    However, the fuss is all about it being a film based upon a book which is loved by many.
    The fuss isn't about how good or bad the film is, it is turning a book into a film, in the same way harry potter films will always get lots of viewers...

17. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Seconded. :D

I'd be well pissed off if I was a vampire. Those movies have completely ruined their image.

Give me True Blood instead. Now that's quality vampire stuff! :)

18. sarah

sarah Member

Renniks i agree. It's because the books are so brilliant that we'd love the film no matter what.

And how is True Blood any better?? It's the same kind of vampires?! Just with the added bonus of a lead female with dodgy New Zealand/Southern American accent!

Read the books

arhghghggh

19. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Not to mention how does it give them bad images.
    Vampires that have amazing abilities that can't be killed unless they are ripped apart and the pieces burnt? Sounds pretty awesome to me. Much better than 'stake to the heart and they die' business.

Even though... Bram Stoker's versions are still the best.

20. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

The image thing was more meant as a joke. ;)

@Printedeasy: I didn't say it's better, just that I prefer it. Just my personal opinion ;). I just find True Blood a lot more entertaining and less self-important. Kind of takes the piss out of itself. I haven't read the books, and I'm sure they're brilliant if you like that sort of stuff, but I personally think the movie was a typical plastic American teenage drama with religious undertones dressed up in vampire clothes. The whole sex abstinence thing (probably due to the writer being mormon, and from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) annoys me. Why is sex such a terrible outcome in a relationship?