Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Castelluccio, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Castelluccio

Castelluccio Junior Member

As requested, a short intro to me.

30+ years ago I worked for national newspapers - starting out as a photographer before progressing to basic layout. Not sure if this means anything to anyone under the age of 45; but when I first started working in Fleet Street, newspapers still used 'hot metal'. When I left the industry the Newspaper I worked on had the first edition of Quark...

Was made redundant a year ago from the corporate job which coincided with my children leaving home so have taken the opportunity to go back to doing what I loved. So I've taken my time to learn InDesign, Illustrator and (struggle with) Photoshop with a view to 'getting back out there'.... Have always kept in touch with people so have been helped with a few projects.

Did I say 'short intro'...

For anyone interested: Castelluccio is a beautiful village in Italy (Google it)

2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi Castelluccio, and welcome.

Nice to know there's other "oldies" out there!

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Cup of tea anyone...?
    Welcome and yes I have handled hot metal too.

Knicking lead off the church roof.

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I'll fetch the bourbons...

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

and custard creams.

6. welcome to the forum

7. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

welcome to DF

now hang on whilst I get the victoria sponge.... or is that too far?

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Not far enough. Treacle sponge is the way forward.

9. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

ah yes, treacle sponge.... mmmmmmmm

10. Davidw

Davidw Member

Hello - good to meet another member of the 'old school' - and very interesting to read your background.

We don't want hot metal back but nothing beats letterpress for adding character to a job.

I look back on my time as an apprentice compositor 40 odd years ago and marvel at the 'progress' in the printing industry.

As Eric Gill said to me in the pub one evening, after printing college "Dave, this ******* metal type is so slow to set - I wonder if there's a quicker way"

Best of luck - David