Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Chris England, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Chris England

Chris England New Member

Hi all,

New member here. I'm based down in London, working for a big accountancy firm as my day job, but in the evenings I moonlight as a video game designer.

I'm leading a small independent team working on our first title at the moment, and because we're such a small team and have a limited budget I'm a bit of a jack-of-all-trades. I do a lot of GUI/HUD concept work and also the website work for the team, as I have reasonable Photoshop skills and I'm quite particular about the visual style of our work, so my expertise in that area is something I want to build on in the future.

I frequent a whole bunch of different forums, partly to seek feedback and learn about that particular discipline, but also because I tend to pick up freelancers for contract work on the various forum boards too. I usually hang around on forums more orientated towards the gaming industry, but in my experience good graphic designers are very thin on the ground on that sort of board. Hence, I'm broadening my horizons!

Look forward to meeting you all,
  2. welcome to the forum Chris :)
  3. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

Hello Chris. Welcome! Very cool that you do video game design. What kind of games if I may ask? I play PC games regularly myself.
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Welcome Chris.
  5. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  6. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I think you've gone over the top with the make-up on your avatar Berry. Less is more!
  7. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Great intro welcome to Df
  8. Elekate

Elekate Member

Welcome to DF :coffee: Chris!