Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New, lone GD'er, looking to learn something and make friends

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Jess, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Jess

Jess New Member

Hi all,

I'm Jess, I work in the education sector, originally an ICT tech then a web/media tech and now find myself doing more and more graphic design.

I design and produce my schools classroom resources, marketing materials, public documents (prospectus, school magazine etc), props and backdrops for the drama department and even a 8'x16' 10 Downing Street frontage for the schools election event! No job too big or too small! I have a 44" cannon large scale printer (which I love) and I use the Adobe suite which I'm slowly finding my way around.

I am however, self-taught and I feel like to progress I need to get a design qualification under my belt or at least shadow someone.

I'm based in the Midlands but I'm attending the Glug event in Manchester on 9th Feb, is anyone else attending?

While I'm in Manchester I'm hoping to spend a bit of time taking to designers and have sent some emails out to graphic design companies but sadly I've not heard back from anyone yet. So if any designers are about in Manchester on 9th/10th Feb and fancy a coffee and a design chat please let me know!

Have a lovely afternoon,
    Jess :)

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jess, I know a few people that might be going so I may see you there.

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Just noticed one of the speakers is Matt Geeling. I actually know him from uni, so I guess I am going after all.

4. Jess

Jess New Member

Fantastic :)

5. Jess

Jess New Member

Oh brilliant, hope to meet you there then :)