should I use this logo?

• yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No never!

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

nyanko

Hi, Im new here so hello all.
Im in the middle of redesigning my website and i thought i would take the opportunity to rebrand also. I work for the most part as a freelance artist for games, websites and on occasion some print work. I have been considering changing the name and logo i trade under for a while and was hoping that i could get some honest critique on a possible name and logo i am considering for the future. please be a brutally honest as you like.

thanks in advance :)

bitdesignsample1.jpg

bitdesignsample2.jpg

bitdesignsample3.jpg

I like it. Only thing is you may have trouble differentiating between the subtle colour differences between the oranges when printed, especially digitally :up:

ok I can see the idea, the 01 representing bits (in computer terms) but the target market could also see that as 2 bits, 0 and 1 being individual bits and if you were to expand on that it could read as 2 bit design.

2 bit has an urban meaning of cheap, poor quality etc so might be worth considering that possible view on things.

I know you're going to say that that is a random perspective but if I saw it and I'm not a coder ( although admittedly I do like computers, tech etc) then it's entirely possible a coder may see it....

Lol. I saw that too. Someone suggested putting a pipe seperater between the 01 so it could be seen as 0 or 1 but I think that would take away from the simplicity I want.

I tried a binary translator. But even one letter translated was spitting out 8bits, that's more than I want to work with.

after a suggestion on another forum i have tried it without the lowercase/UPPERCASE text. any better?

Attachments

• bitDesign3.jpg
    bitDesign3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 7
  • bitDesign4.jpg
    bitDesign4.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 7
Back