Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New logo. Would love some opinions.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by nyanko, Oct 27, 2010.

?

should I use this logo?

1. yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No never!

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. nyanko

nyanko New Member

Hi, Im new here so hello all.
    Im in the middle of redesigning my website and i thought i would take the opportunity to rebrand also. I work for the most part as a freelance artist for games, websites and on occasion some print work. I have been considering changing the name and logo i trade under for a while and was hoping that i could get some honest critique on a possible name and logo i am considering for the future. please be a brutally honest as you like.

thanks in advance :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I like it. Only thing is you may have trouble differentiating between the subtle colour differences between the oranges when printed, especially digitally :up:

3. nyanko

nyanko New Member

thanks Tom i'll keep that in mind, if decide to go with it

4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

My pleasure, you should introduce yourself properly in the intro forum too btw

Introductions

:up:

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

ok I can see the idea, the 01 representing bits (in computer terms) but the target market could also see that as 2 bits, 0 and 1 being individual bits and if you were to expand on that it could read as 2 bit design.

2 bit has an urban meaning of cheap, poor quality etc so might be worth considering that possible view on things.

I know you're going to say that that is a random perspective but if I saw it and I'm not a coder ( although admittedly I do like computers, tech etc) then it's entirely possible a coder may see it....

6. nyanko

nyanko New Member

Lol. I saw that too. Someone suggested putting a pipe seperater between the 01 so it could be seen as 0 or 1 but I think that would take away from the simplicity I want.

7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

8. nyanko

nyanko New Member

I tried a binary translator. But even one letter translated was spitting out 8bits, that's more than I want to work with.

9. nyanko

nyanko New Member

after a suggestion on another forum i have tried it without the lowercase/UPPERCASE text. any better?

Attached Files:

10. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I like the lower case 'Bit'.

Liking the logo generally.