New Logo Design

hotzigidi

Hi All

I've designed this logo for a startign business and would like your opinions.

This is a result of 16 different designs but i still don't feel it give a professional yet exciting image :icon_dunno:

Be as harsh as you want guys as long as theres advice to go with it :icon_wink:

Attachments

• horizontal.jpg
    horizontal.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 55
  • vertical.gif
    vertical.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 28
Quite like the concept but I'm not crazy about the curved edges, especially where the b and p overlap. Would it work as well with plain squares, possibly with the colours mixing to purple where they intersect? Would like to see the text with a lowercase 'p' also.

I'm not keen on it at all, especially the vertical version as the graphic seems to have absolutely no reference to the text, it just "sits" up top there, in the middle, not relating to anything.

I also don't understand why you would use a lower case b then an upper case p?

I'm not a fan of the font, whatever it is, it's got curvy uneven bits AND slanty pointy bits, it's like it doesn't quite know what it wants to be.

The the graphic itself could definitely use more refinement, i can see you have tried to mix the b and the p to make it but to be honest i didn't get that until about the fifth time i looked at it. Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, maybe it just doesn't work. I think of pixels being teeny tiny and as not having curved edges so maybe doing a more angular logo or using boxes that aren't curved in some way? That said, i wouldn't want to turn it into a big boxy looking 70's robot of a logo!

Hope this helps :icon_biggrin:

Not sure if I'm supposed to do this but I had a spare ten minutes and wanted to follow-up my thinking on the block device. I found that straight blocks and a colour intersection didn't work at all so I came up with this (still not 100% on it but there you go).

Attachments

• basepixel.jpg
    basepixel.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 51
Not sure if I'm supposed to do this but I had a spare ten minutes and wanted to follow-up my thinking on the block device. I found that straight blocks and a colour intersection didn't work at all so I came up with this (still not 100% on it but there you go).

Like :)

Maybe the top left edge of the p should have a curve so it matches the shape of the b ?
or the bottom left corner of the b to have a straight edged corner?

Agreed with points above. Font is pretty dire, and I don't like how the weight of the curve line looks too light compared to the divisions between the blocks.

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for your comments and "wow" thanks dave.

I agree with the comments about the font, innitially i started out with a bold impact style font in capital letters but it looked too boxy and boring so I ended up with this font in lower case. The font Dave used is definitly much nicer and also the proportion to the logo icon is nice.

I also like the adjustments to the icon. I added the curved gap where the b and p overlap because i wanted the logo to work even if it was used in pure black and white. Yes i did try the purple but it didnt work for me.

To be honest I still don't feel that the logo gives the right image that im looking for. I don't know if its the colours, or the lack of depth in the design. I want the logo to show that its modern and exciting(vibrant) which is why i chose red, but at the same time i wanted to show that this is a serious business.

I will try to upload a new version with your suggesstions tonight but more suggesstions will be appreciated.

Re: colours used in the logo, I thought that a nice effect might be achieved by having different tints of the two main colours, i.e. a range of graded blues for the B and a similar range for the red P (or whichever colours you settle on), producing a more readily recognisable pixellated (rather than blocked) effect...

Hi All

I've been away for a few days so I haven't been able to reply. I've ammended the logo thanks to your comments.

I've used the font that Dave used on the logo, which is definitly much better. I've also played with the colours a little bit to give a more fresh look, so brighter colours.

for the blocks, i used more or less what was suggessted, but i thought that it looks better without the blocks on the bottom left corner. I got rid of the gap where red and blue meet but i think that will be put in if i have to use the logo in one colour like pure black and white.

I tried the pixelated look with different gradients but it didn't work out for me so i settled for one gradient through all blocks.

Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 35
Much better - would finishing off the P on the logo in red - ie squaring off the bottom block with red help at all?

What do basepixel do btw?

Thanks Rachel

Kate I'll try that and post it but I took it out because it made the logo less cluttered

BasePixel provide web CMS solutions which will also include design.

Hi All

I've been away for a few days so I haven't been able to reply. I've ammended the logo thanks to your comments.

I've used the font that Dave used on the logo, which is definitly much better. I've also played with the colours a little bit to give a more fresh look, so brighter colours.

for the blocks, i used more or less what was suggessted, but i thought that it looks better without the blocks on the bottom left corner. I got rid of the gap where red and blue meet but i think that will be put in if i have to use the logo in one colour like pure black and white.

I tried the pixelated look with different gradients but it didn't work out for me so i settled for one gradient through all blocks.

Your thoughts?

Much better. I was going to suggest Gill Sans but thats good :icon_smile:

Back