New logo concept

Jordan

I have been designing a logo for a new carpet website called 'Connect floor'
What I didn't want from this logo was a carpet with a roll like you see so many carpet logos.
Here is my concept, was just looking for some feedback to see if this is a good idea and would work.
xli2ad.jpg

At the min just in black and white in dev stage. carpet is in strands vertical and wooden flooring runs flat.
Four boxes are for typically four rooms in house, Living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom
the type choice is a solid typeface and made me think of those 'kickers' used to lay carpet
Thanks

The more I look at it, the more my brain is telling me to imagine a swastika, but I do like it! (the logo, not the swastika...!) That might be just me though so... :) Perhaps tighten up the gaps between the flooring a bit.
Maybe you could make the logo a bit more connected too? Something like...

connect_floor.jpg

Oh wait....! No!

Yes it most certainly looks like a swastika when connected :) I was playing around with type connecting that, it didn't look brilliant, maybe needs some exploration. Looking at it if I change the orientation around having the vertical carpet representation first, this will remove the connotation of the swastika,
Cheers Squiddy.

Jordan said:
Looking at it if I change the orientation around having the vertical carpet representation first, this will remove the connotation of the swastika,
I was just thinking that myself. Just rearrange the vertical/horizontal carpets and it'll not look like a Swastika anymore.

Weren't you tempted to make a pun on Connect Four? I know I would have been.

Yes, I was tempted - some original ideas have four connecting carpet tiles in a grid of four, wasn't feeling it.

the 'square' reminds me of the 'weave' pattern you get with some fabric, I'm not sure that weave is really carpet though...

I have been thinking the same thing Greg, something not quite balanced with it, currently working on the four lines to keep everything relating to that point.

Have to be honest, I don't like how close the two NN's in Connect are. And, I don't like the way the F and L are actually joined. I think the font choice is a lot better though.
Just give it a little more room.

The design is very tight and wanted to make it look connected without out it being connected. lol, going to keep playing around with it.

I have just been playing around with some ideas, trying to get this logo boxed off. I have tried to simplify the idea. Here are some ideas let me know you thoughts.
Thanks.
2l8f5i1.jpg

It's not that these new ones are bad in any way, I just don't think they fit the brief particularly well. It feels more like a sports brand to me.
Well, I just had a quick google for connect four, to see how that was incorporated into your design and came across this...
tumblr_llglb8Hl9B1qjq4hro1_400.jpg

I assume this wasn't one of your 'inspiration' images? Haha.
Have you considered staggering two of the lines to better connect it to wooden flooring, which never aligns in a horizontal line perfectly. It would be a lot easier to give you some more/better suggestions if we could some of your sketches? Perhaps you could do a few new ones with some different ideas incorporated into what you've currently got and we can go from there.

I know what you're saying about not really representing a carpet/flooring company, Maybe I have reduced this down too much, need to go back to basics. I will post some other ideas up.

These were some of my original ideas. individual squares representing carpet samples with connecting the four.
2612seo.jpg

I think those are stronger than anything that you've posted so far. I like the 2nd row, 3rd one. But I'm just not a fan of diagonals so that could just be me!

Now all you have to do is find the appropriate typeface and you're all done :)

Is there a livery to develop with this?

Those latest logo's are not to my liking, they say connect four the game more than anything you've shown so far :)

Sorry, I've got to be honest, I'm not overly keen on those either. Do you not have any pen/pencil sketches that you can show? I find that these are often the best places to start because it's so easy to develop new ideas quickly. What sort of process do you work with in the concept stage?

Back