New Kudosis website! Your opinion?

Adam

Hi all!

Well i've managed to upload most of the new website this weekend, i'm still slowly uploading new pieces of work, but it's now at a stage where I am happy with it being uploaded.

Kudosis - full service graphic, print, logo and website design agency Chichester, West Sussex what are your opinions on it? (and the work obviously)

Also, i've made a Facebook business page (thought it's the best time to do it!). If possible, would you mind "Like"ing the page, I need at least 25 likes to be able to change the url! Page link is: Kudosis Graphic, Web & Identity Design | Facebook

Thank you!
Adam

It generally looks nice, but I find it to have quite a low contrast on the body copy. Might want to make that a tad darker :up:

not sure I like the yellow on the very pale grey background where the text is, it's just not 100% clear, there's a bit of visual bleeding.

I'll think about making the body copy darker, thanks Kevin. You're the only person i've had that has mentioned that so i'll wait and see if its mentioned by anyone else before making the change :)

Levi, which yellow are you talking about mate? Do you mean the orange of the links etc?

it's the yellow used for the "Kudosis Graphic, Web & Identity are a full service design agency based in Chichester, West Sussex." on the homepage.

The yellow's fine on the black and as the highlight but with the text it has a bit of visual bleed/blend into the background - or at least it does when I look at it.

Looks nice and clean. On the portfolio page though, I'm not sure if most people (non-designers) will realise there is a second page of work. The use of the dot is something that designers have come accustomed to, but I doubt your target audience will be. The arrows also blend into the background to me.

Looks nice though

Cheers for the feedback all!

I've made several changes, made the portfolio pieces more to a page so people don't have to scroll through!

Made the menu font a bit bigger, and also changed the text on front page so it doesn't clash (Thanks Levi)

Also made a change i forgot to make, change the lines under Testiomonials and Recent Work from a double line to a single one to match the rest!

Really like this as well as your cards.

The only thing that erks me is when you go to your web section and click on a link (i.e. carpentry conversions) it opens the site in the same window. I would have it open a new tab/window as you don't want people to be directed away from your site.

Thanks Matty

I'll be honest and i completely forgot about adding that to that link! Most of them open in a new window, this one must of slipped the net! All the description ones will probably need to be changed too

Thanks for pointing it out :)

Looks good! When I click at the pointer in the google maps part; is the label supposed to be empty then?

Hate the Lightbulb and pen imagery, it's such a cop out so overused. Not sure why I'm also looking at a fountain pen nib or screwdrivers and spanners. All this generic imagery is unrelated to what you do and why. Any symbolism inferred simply hides the value of your business and service. Everything else is final apart from the naff
use of imagery.

Berry said:
Hate the Lightbulb and pen imagery, it's such a cop out so overused. Not sure why I'm also looking at a fountain pen nib or screwdrivers and spanners. All this generic imagery is unrelated to what you do and why. Any symbolism inferred simply hides the value of your business and service. Everything else is final apart from the naff
use of imagery.

Completely agree with you Berry. At the start I liked them, but i've recently gone right off them and realise it was just a cop out. I'm actually changing them over this weekend. The new imagery should be finished by then, it was one of those points that I was 'content' with at the time

good call, always question what you do and why.
Paul Arden said.' Don't be precious to ideas, throw them away and a better one will take it's place"

looks really neat and well thought out.

one thing i would suggest is taking a look at the drop-down menu font on the navigation bar. i think it's either the all caps by default, or the size, or the spacing which is bugging me when i view it :)

Back