Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Job

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Well i'm moving up in the world and will be going to a new job at the beginning of next month. Will be working as the Studio Manager for a children's book publisher in Northampton. Really looking forward to going up in the world!

I'm dead happy about this! (please use your own smiley here LOL) w00t!
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Sweeeeet! Nice one dude, congrats :D
  3. cheers Harry. Its all really exciting... its a step up the corporate ladder so to speak.
  4. Becky

Becky Member

Wow, nice one. Congratulations!
  5. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Congrats Chris. well done matey.
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Great news, congrats Chris! :clap:
    (You seem to be getting a new job every few months?!)
  7. I think its once a year for the last 3 years LOL strangely its always happens November.

I don't want to keep doing it but this time I was threatened with redundancy (mainly due to the company i currently work for needing to fire loads of people - 43 so far!), so went to find another job and got this one LOL don't want to do any more job changing for a few years now.. I want the opportunity to stay somewhere for a few years this time LOL
  8. Harry

Harry Senior Member

This is some massively big news, yet Chris hasn't used one smiley in this thread…
  9. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Chris always uses a smiley. Not necessarily in his posts but its always there!
  10. There is always a smiley in every post from me.. they are just secret ones LOL

I wonder how long it will be before I post another smiley.
  11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Congrats and to make up for your lack of smileys

12. LOL cheers Levi.. now it feels like a post of mine LOL
  13. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Nice mate...childrens book publishing eh....any chance for getting a foot in the door?
    Will PM you later.
  14. Possibly mate.. I will have to wait and see.. but I know that they do outsource the illustrations from time to time, so I will defo keep you in mind matey.
  15. Thewholehogg

Sweet, I know you will will help if you can.
    From time to time...does that mean a lot of the illustration work is done in house?
  16. a lot of illustration work gets done in house, but it all depends on the job really.. some are more complex than others.. some of the designers there can illustrate some cant so it depends on what the job is and who is doing it.
  17. Thewholehogg

Rightyo Ta Chris.
  18. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Good skills Chris, sounds ace!

19. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Well done sounds great!
  20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

well done big dog!